GMG is a global well-being company retailing, distributing and manufacturing a portfolio of leading international and home-grown brands across sport, food and health sectors. Its vision is to inspire people to win in ways that make the world better. Today, GMG’s investments span across four key verticals: GMG Sports, GMG Food, GMG Health, and GMG Consumer Goods. Under the ownership and management of the Baker family, it has become a leading global company, affiliated with the world’s most successful and respected brands in the well-being sector. Working across the Middle East, North Africa, and Asia, GMG has introduced more than 120 brands into its markets.
About the role:
The role holder is responsible for providing customers with an effective pharmaceutical service by dispensing drugs prescribed by physicians and other health practitioners as well as providing information to customers about medications and their use.
- Reviews customer’s prescriptions to assure accuracy, to ascertain the needed drugs, and to evaluate their suitability
- Provides the customer with information and advice regarding drug interactions, side effects, dosage, and proper medication storage
- Compounds and dispenses medications as prescribed by physicians and other health practitioners
- Ensures understanding the customer’s needs by conducting necessary questioning and providing assistance when necessary
- Achieves sales targets by using sales techniques, up-selling and cross selling of all Super Care categories
- Orders and purchases pharmaceutical supplies, medical supplies, or drugs, maintaining stock storing and handling
- Complies with local rules and regulations in regard to pharmacy activities, including but not limited to preparation, labeling and delivery of medication and other pharmaceutical supplies
- Maintains and reports the pharmacy’s records as required by the external authorities (i.e. Dubai Health Authority, Ministry of Health, etc.)
- Advises customers on the selection of medication brands, medical equipment, or healthcare supplies and trains them on how to use the devices (i.e. blood pressure devices, diabetes monitors, etc.)
- Develops strong working relationships with local physicians and healthcare practitioners with an objective to strengthen the Division’s business
- Liaises with insurance companies to process insurance on time and resolve billing issues
- Handles daily operational tasks such as inventory management, expiry management, merchandising, etc.
- Coaches and guides Trainee Pharmacists in preparation for their graduation or licensure
- Manages monthly mandatory reports related to all sales concerning controlled medicines as required by external authorities such as Dubai Health Authority, Ministry of Health, etc. (this will be assumed by those designated as a Pharmacist in Charge)
- Defines performance goals at the start of the year in discussion with the reporting manager and ensures that the goals are achieved during the course of the year
- Takes ownership of his/her own learning agenda by identifying development needs in consultation with the manager and agreeing on the individual development plan which goes beyond just training and development
- Keeps abreast of professional developments, new techniques and current issues through continued education and professional growth
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy
- License from: Dubai Health Authority
- Minimum of 1 year experience as a registered pharmacist in UAE.
- Strong English & Arabic communication skills.
- Product knowledge
- Problem-solving skills
- Quality and customer service orientation
To apply for this job please visit ae.indeed.com.