Valeo Snackfoods is a large business in York. We are fast-paced, supportive and challenging.
Valeo Snackfoods is the combination of Kettle Foods, Tangerine, Big Bear and Its All Good and is one of the UK’s top 100 grocery brands. It is headquartered in Norwich and Pontefract and employs around 2,000 people. The business in the UK and Europe generates revenues of over £280 million.
Our work environment includes:
- Growth opportunities
- Casual work attire
- On-the-job training
- Safe work environment
About our site
Our York site has been producing sweets since 1966, Low Poppleton Lane covers our toffee, fudge and chocolate products. Including the iconic Raspberry Ruffle. Our highly skilled employees don’t stop there, producing traditional boiled sweets such as the classic striped mint Humbug by hand!
- Fox’s Glaciers
- Chocolate Enrobing
- Caramels & Toffees
We are looking for a Production Operator to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for operating and monitoring production machinery and ensuring that all safety protocols are followed.
This role does involve physical manual handling in a warm environment.
The ideal candidate will have a strong attention to detail, good communication skills with an open and honest approach and a ‘can do’ attitude.
We are looking for:
- Forward Thinking.
- Good literacy, numeracy skills
- A reliable, enthusiastic team player.
- Ability to work as part of a team and manage individual workload.
- Display a positive work ethic
- Attention to detail, and flexible in duties.
- A proven attendance and timekeeping record.
- Desirable previous experience gained in a factory environment. However, training will be provided
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to join a dynamic team in a fast-paced environment.
- Follow SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures).
- Producing the required product to our high standards.
- Attention to detail when data inputting.
- Maintaining a clean production environment.
- To ensure that the production lines operate efficiently.
- Comply with food safety standards, quality, and legality always.
Benefits of working with Valeo:
- On site subsidised canteen
- Free secure onsite parking
- 28 days holiday allowance plus Bank Holidays (33 days in total)
- Discounted gym membership
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Online Employee support and discounts with major shopping retailers
- Annual Performance Related Bonus
- Contributory Company Pension Scheme
- Company Sick Pay Scheme
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £11.38-£12.57 per hour
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free parking
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Ability to commute/relocate:
- York: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
To apply for this job please visit uk.indeed.com.