DHB Auckland Jobs
|Hiring Organization||DHB Auckland|
|Post Name||Practice Supervisor|
|Qualification||A Dietitian qualification recognizable by the Dietitians Board of NZ|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||NZD 25 ToNZD 30 Per Hour|
|Location||Auckland, North Island, New Zealand 1023|
At Te Toka Tumai | Auckland DHB we are committed to upholding Te Tiriti o Waitangi and providing culturally safe care. We value role modeling manaakitanga as demonstrated by Ngāti Whātua in the gifting of their Whenua on which our hospitals stand. We aspire to have a workforce reflective of the communities we serve and to achieve equitable outcomes for all.
Join our highly skilled and multi-disciplinary Diabetes Service based at the Greenlane Clinical Centre. We have a permanent, full-time position (1.0 FTE) available for a Senior Dietitian/Advance Clinical Practitioner to come on board as a Practice Supervisor Diabetes Dietitian.
The ideal candidate will work within a clinical area that covers a specific patient group to provide patient and whānau-centered care within a multi-disciplinary and interdisciplinary team framework (as appropriate to the setting).
The purpose of this position:
- To maintain a dedicated clinical caseload as agreed with the Service Clinical Director and Operations Manager.
- To provide Diabetes specialist dietitian-specific leadership, and advice to management, and ensure supervision of the other Diabetes Dietitians within Auckland Diabetes Centre.
- To contribute to the leadership and management of the Dietetics team.
- Promote Clinical Quality and Professional Governance within the Diabetes Centre in collaboration with the Professional Leader.
- Providing comprehensive nutritional assessment and outcome-focused innovative care.
- Applying evidence-based practice, interventions, and education within the area of Diabetes.
- Contribute to quality and service improvements and the development of team members and students.
Types of activity you will undertake:
- The clinical activity involves experts in diabetes for nutritional assessments, education, and interventions for adult clients with health-related nutrition issues referred to the Diabetes Service.
- Triage referrals (accept or decline) and train other dietitians on the specifics of triaging within the diabetes specialist service.
- Teaching patients, parents, carers, and others about the patient’s dietary treatment either at the Diabetes Centre or at satellite clinics and primary care settings as required.
- Assessing, monitoring, and adjustment of diet plans during at-risk situations.
- Developing and implementing diet sheets and other education tools tailored to the patient’s ethnic and linguistic needs.
- Dietetic management of complex patients; high cardiovascular, renal, and advanced complications.
- Development of group dietetic services.
- Use Clinical Diabetes Expertise as a Diabetes Specialist Dietitian to manage the Dietitian service within Auckland Diabetes Centre to ensure that the ADHB values are maintained.
- Partake in Diabetes Dietitian related research to ensure that ADHB values are maintained.
The role supports and collaborates with professional colleagues by:
- Providing education and support to those involved in the nutrition care of patients with Diabetes including education sessions with Diabetes Centre colleagues.
- Liaison and working with the GPs and PHOs as required by the Clinical Director.
The Practice Supervisor works with the Service Clinical Director and Operations Manager to coordinate workloads; supporting, coaching, and supervising the team in addition to undertaking a clinical caseload.
They work collaboratively with their Service Clinical Director, Operations Manager, and Professional Leader to provide discipline-specific leadership and ensure service and professional requirements are maintained.
Our organization values diversity, inclusivity, and empathy. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds with the necessary capability and who share our values to apply and would greatly value seeing more applicants from our Māori & Pacific communities.
If you are a motivated Senior Dietitian/Advance Clinical Practitioner with a can-do attitude and a desire to make a difference in the secondary services space, our Diabetes Service team wants to hear from you!
For further details, please refer to the position description here.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A Dietitian qualification recognizable by the Dietitians Board of NZ
- Current Full Drivers’ License
- A minimum of 4 years of postgraduate experience including a minimum of 2 years within Diabetes (specialty area)
- Excellent communication skills
- A commitment to achieving equitable outcomes for Māori and Pacifica
- DAFNE trained (preferred)