ABOUT HUON AQUACULTURE
Employing over 1,000 talented individuals across Australia, we are proud to be recognised as a Tasmanian employer of choice with a strong focus on quality, innovation and providing career growth and opportunities for our people. It takes a rare kind to be the very best. At Huon, our people share this special quality. We strive for excellence in everything we do.
We are seeking enthusiastic and self motivated Process Operators to join our team at our salmon and ocean trout processing facility at Parramatta Creek, near Devonport, TAS.
THE ROLE Our Parramatta Creek Processing and Smokehouse facility is located 20 minutes from Devonport and processes all of the Salmon and Ocean Trout that we farm in Tasmania. From here, product is distributed across Tasmania, Australia, New Zealand and Asia.
As a Process Operator at Huon, your role will involve
- the weighing, sorting, trimming and packaging of salmon and trout products
- A roster consists of Monday to Friday work, with additional weekend and public holiday work often required
- Full-time and casual positions available consisting of day shifts, and afternoon shifts if working on our Hygiene team
- You will be keen and self-motivated with a positive and cooperative approach
- Physically fit and comfortable on your feet for most of the day
- You will pride yourself on being efficient and safety conscious
- You will have a strong attention to detail
- You will enjoy hands on work, early starts and thrive in supportive team environments
- Above all you will possess a strong work ethic and desire to make a positive contribution to our Company
Experience working in a production or food processing environment and an awareness of Food Safety, hygiene and Work Health & Safety will be highly regarded, as will previous knife hand/filleting experience.
It is an inherent requirement of this position that work be performed safely whilst upholding Huon’s Values. The appointed person must be able to build and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders. Knowledge of work health and safety regulations is preferred.
Huon Aquaculture is an ‘Employer of Choice’ and innovative industry leader who offers all our employees ongoing training opportunities, corporate health insurance benefits and discounts on Huon products. Remuneration for this role is dependent on knowledge and/or experience.
Humility – Listen. Be helpful and thoughtful. Act with respect. Prioritise the team over yourself. Value the opinion of others.
Ownership – Be committed to results. Focus on the details. Take responsibility.
Sincerity – Be direct, truthful, and transparent. Respectfully express opinion. Know how to say no, but be positive and offer solutions
Discipline – Be punctual. Fulfill commitments. Deliver results. Do not make mistakes.
Simplicity – Be practical. Focus on what is important. Adopt a hands-on approach. Avoid bureaucracy.
Availability – Be receptive and open. Always be prepared and motivated to take on new challenges
Determination – Be relentless. Deliver superior results. Adopt a sense of urgency. Make things happen.
To apply for this job please visit au.indeed.com.