|Post Name||Physical Security Program Manager|
|Qualification||BA/BS degree or higher in a related field. Minimum High School diploma or equivalent|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 34 To CAD 40 Per Hour|
|Location||Calgary, Alberta, Canada T3S 0A1|
The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Data Center Security group is seeking a highly talented and motivated Security Systems Engineer to join our team. The team is responsible for the design, installation, and integration of security systems equipment including, but not limited to, Access Control/Intrusion Detection and CCTV Surveillance systems.
You will also be responsible for the continuous review of existing standards and staying abreast of developments in new technology that will enhance the physical security of AWS data centers and co-locations. You will work directly with the Data Center Physical Security Manager, Regional Security Managers, Security Site Leads, the Infrastructure Operations, and Construction teams, and other customers, both internal and external, to integrate the business requirements into physical security systems design and implementation.
Your work will include supporting the construction and deployment of physical security packages for all AWS data centers and co-locations in the U.S.-West region. You will also work closely with contractors and vendors to ensure compliance with all security standards during the construction, testing, and acceptance phases of the projects.
The ideal candidate for the role will have demonstrated the ability to work in all disciplines, at all levels; from technology research to system design and layout, oversight of construction and implementation, as well as maintenance and upgrades over the life of the system. You will have an in-depth knowledge of security technology, be innovative, and be highly organized, and will have demonstrated the ability to deliver results on time and within budget.
The candidate selected must be at least 18 years of age.
Key job responsibilities
- Manage installation of approved physical security system hardware, including, but not limited to, access control devices, intrusion detection devices, CCTV, and other components of physical security systems.
- Design of physical security system for new construction, expansion, and retrofit projects.
- Preparation of security design standards, typical drawings, and technical specification documents for projects for the purposes of pricing by approved vendors. Review and provide quality assurance of vendor quotes. Submission of complete and accurate vendor quote packages to the Infrastructure Technical Project Manager for inclusion in project requisitions.
- Project management of multiple, concurrent security system installation projects and vendors.
- Subject Matter Expert for physical security system testing and acceptance, and assuring operational readiness at project completion.
- Preparation and archiving of project close-out documentation.
- Reporting vendor performance metrics regarding system installation, service delivery, and equipment availability/reliability.
About the team
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally.
We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
- 5+ years of experience in Security Operations experience in technology, manufacturing, or similar industries, including access control systems, CCTV, and defense-in-depth strategies.
- BA/BS degree or higher in a related field. Minimum High School diploma or equivalent.
- Fluency/competency in one or more languages.
- 5+ years experience in physical security design preferred.
- Fluent in the concept of Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design.
- Experience living abroad, extensive travel, or demonstrated ability to work in a culturally diverse environment.
- A personal network of international security technology professionals.
- Supervisory experience is nice to have.
- PSP, CPP, PMP Certification.
- Certification or Hands-On working experience with Lenel Access Control System.
- The ability to write clearly and concisely with short deadlines and quick turnaround times, while still effectively communicating information in a structured analytical way.
- Ability to make independent judgments quickly with little or no oversight.
- Strong problem resolution, time management, and independent planning skills.
- Ability to operate in high-stress situations and relay information in a timely and accurate manner.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or another legally protected status. If you would like to request accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.