Project Manager Job Auckland
|Hiring Organization||Mcconnell Dowell Constructors Ltd|
|Post Name||Project Managers|
|Qualification||Relevant tertiary qualification in Civil Engineering or Project Management|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||NZD 30 To NZD 35 Per Hour|
|Location||Auckland, New Zealand 1060|
What’s on offer:
- An opportunity to grow your career in a diverse and inclusive organization.
- We’ll help you move across the globe with relocation assistance including flights, temporary accommodation, and relocation of household goods and personal effects.
- Full immigration support to manage the visa application for you and your family (if applicable).
- Work for an internationally recognized Company with an impeccable reputation for completing complex and iconic infrastructure projects.
- Accountable for the day-to-day progress and overall delivery of the project – The positive force behind project delivery
- Owns the risk, budget, and program plans – driving the team to achieve ‘no surprises’
- Comprehensive construction knowledge, facilitating innovation & continuous improvement
- The public face of the contract – requires diplomacy, the ability to present the company in the best possible light, and good PR skills
- Procurement, negotiation, and establishment of supply agreements
- Ability to mentor project team members and identify opportunities for training and upskilling
- Ensure compliance with the Company’s and Client’s Health & Safety, Security, and Ethics & Compliance Policy.
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Civil Engineering or Project Management
- A minimum of 10 years of engineering experience in the construction industry with demonstrated success in delivering to monetary targets, timeframes, planning, and logistics management
- Strong leadership and communication abilities
- Competent in understanding and promoting HS&E imperatives and MMS procedures
- Competent in negotiation and client relationship building accompanied by a sound understanding of contract management and cost containment
- Demonstrate flexibility and resilience in dealing with complex issues, and deploys sound problem-solving methodology
McConnell Dowell is the Creative Construction Company for customers who want to build better communities through safe, smart, efficient infrastructure. For over 60 years, we have built thousands of quality assets for our customers and communities across New Zealand, the Pacific Islands, Australia, and Southeast Asia.
Our purpose of ‘providing a better life and values – Safety & Care; Honesty & Integrity; Customer Focus’ Performance Excellence and Working Together – are part of our identity and help to attract the best and brightest in our field. Our culture is founded on expertise, creativity, and progressive thinking.
New Zealand and Pacific projects include the Pukekohe WWTP, Warkworth to Snell’s Transfer Line Pump Station, Old Mangere Bridge Replacement, and the Australian Defence Force Pacific Port Upgrade Project.
McConnell Dowell is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, who actively embraces a culture and workplace that is diverse and reflective of the communities and geographic environs we serve