- Full Time
- Edinburgh, UK
The Alchemist is an industry leading cocktail bar and restaurant, who is pushing the boundaries on theatrical cocktails, exciting serves and amazing team members.
Our menu boasts over 50 signature cocktails, each of which was designed for theatre and guest interaction. We employ cutting-edge techniques such as dry-ice, spherification, clarification, carbonation and flavoured edible-airs.
We serve drinks on fire, drinks in lightbulbs and drinks in edible cups.
We believe that training is the most important part of making sure that a team member feels comfortable, valued and respected.
All of our bartenders will begin their career learning the role of the bar support, as we believe it is fundamental for a well-rounded bartender to know each and every ingredient inside the drinks that they are creating.
Our bartenders are paired with a highly qualified trainer for 3 weeks, to make sure that they are comfortable with our recipes and always have somebody to go-to before they are signed off.
So, whether you’re brand new into bartending and are keen to get your hands onto a shaker for the first time or whether you’re already a pro at bartending and are looking for a new challenge, we can guarantee that both you and your guests will have the best time possible.
We’ll need your commitment, and in return we offer;
- Free food and hot drinks on shift
- 50% off food when dining with guests in any of our restaurants
- Be yourself uniform policy
- Flexible rota’s
- High standards on drink quality and working conditions
- Guaranteed birthday + recovery day after off
- Currency of Kindness scheme allowing you to be paid to give back to local charities to your venue.
- Genuinely industry leading training, enabling you to feel comfortable when working a station and making drinks. Enabling you to feel confident and enjoy your job.
- Our bar blade progression scheme, challenging and developing you in return a higher rate of pay
- Our In Store Trainer scheme, enabling you to develop the next generation of our bartenders
- Opportunity to get involved with developing our menu
- Transparent Tronc policy lead by the team, where 100% of gratuities and service charge to go the team on top of your hourly rate
- 24hr access to employee assistance programme, with counselling, mental health support and financial and legal advice.
To apply for this job please visit uk.indeed.com.