Full Job Description
We are an independent voluntary organisation providing services and support for people with disabilities and their families for more than 70 years. Our work positively impacts the lives of over 10,000 people with disabilities, equipping them with the confidence, skills, and self-belief to achieve their expressed goals
Nenagh Residential Sevice,
Nenagh, Co Tipperary
Fixed Term Contract 6 months, 30 Hours
To facilitate a client centred residential service to adults with disabilities & complex health needs that include, Epilepsy, Intellectual Disability and Physical & Sensory disabilities.
Minimum Education & Skills required
- Minimum of QQI Level 5 in Social Care, or equivalent
- Training in responses to behavior that challenges and medication management.
- Experience of supporting people with disabilities in a person focused approach to service de-livery
- Experience of facilitation, implementation and review of Support/Care Plans
- Experience of working within a HIQA registered service
- Candidates should have a good understanding of Positive Risk Management, Person Centred Planning, Key Worker Duties
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Facilitate and implement a person centered service appropriate to the needs, wishes and requirements of service users
- Provide personal assistance in all aspects of personal care and manual handling, ensuring comfort and hygiene of service users and adhering to safe practice at all times.
- Ensure that all interactions with service users are approached with dignity, respect, equality and incorporating choice
- Actively participate in appropriate, educational, recreational and occupational programmes, enabling service users to integrate with their local community and access local resources.
- This role requires the job holder to:
- Full Driving Licence
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Team orientated
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Company Pension Scheme
- Paid maternity leave.
- Paid paternity leave.
- 27 days annual leave
- Bike to work scheme.
- Tax saver travel scheme
- Income protection
- Health and Wellbeing programme
- Financial support for studying and study leave.
*Rewarding Career *Career with meaning *attractive benefits *work life balance
To view full extensive job description please, click apply to visit our company site and download attachment at the bottom of the page.
These duties and responsibilities are a reflection of the present service requirements and may be subject to review and amendment to meet the changing needs of the services.
To apply for this job please visit ie.indeed.com.