Repton School - Dubai
Head of Mathematics – Senior School
Full Job Description
Repton Dubai’s Mathematics Department is an outstanding, highly motivated and skilled team. The department is proud of the excellent results achieved in recent years for both IGCSE and IB. We routinely make use of IT resources in lessons and our goal is to always teach engaging lessons full of diverse and enriching activities. Mathematics teachers at Repton enjoy the support of their colleagues and working as a team is one of the key aspects of our success. Sharing resources and best practice alongside excellent subject knowledge and professionalism all contribute to the outstanding Mathematics lessons at Repton.
Repton Schools in the UAE
Excella leads the Repton Family of Schools in the UAE, and provides outstanding British curriculum education in the UAE. The Excella school portfolio comprises Repton Dubai, Repton Al Barsha, also in Dubai, and Repton Abu Dhabi, alongside Dovecote nurseries with branches across UAE.
Repton School Dubai
Repton Dubai was founded in 2007 and is a ‘world class’ international school in the heart of Dubai. One of the few genuinely international schools in the Gulf Region, Repton Dubai combines the reputation and academic rigour of the UK curriculum, from infants and junior school up to IGCSE level in Year 11, and then embraces the challenges and opportunities of the International Diploma or IB in the Sixth Form, whilst also offering A levels.
Set in a stunning campus in Nad Al Sheba, and almost uniquely in Dubai, also offering a dynamic boarding experience, Repton pupils from ages 3-18 benefit from facilities, resources and a classroom and sporting experience, that is the envy of their peers.
Our mission is ‘the rigorous pursuit of excellence, inside and outside the classroom, combined with a passionate concern for the wellbeing of each individual’
Experience & Education Requirements for Teachers
- Bachelor’s degree plus QTS and PGCE
- For specialist teachers, the bachelor’s degree must be in a directly related field (e.g. Physics teacher should have a science related bachelor’s degree)
- For senior school positions teaching KS4 and above, IB and A level teaching experience is desirable
- Ideally we require a minimum of 2 years post qualification experience
Teacher Remuneration Package
- A generous tax free salary commensurate with experience
- Accommodation (mandatory for those new to country due to visa restrictions), potential option of cash allowance in lieu of accommodation for those already settled in Dubai
- Annual return flights, global healthcare plan for self, spouse and up to two children up to age 18 (subject to status)
- School fees remission for up to two dependent children in Repton School Dubai
- Exceptional CPD opportunities
The school reserves the right to interview and appoint strong candidates before the official closing date, and therefore we would encourage candidates to apply early in the process.
The Repton Family of Schools is totally committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects the same from its employees. All new staff will be subject to detailed and enhanced pre-employment clearance, including identity checks, criminal background checks for all countries lived in, qualification checks, employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps in employment, and satisfactory reference checks for all employment in the last 5 years.
Please note that you are wholly responsible for fact checking in respect of the information provided by schools. Please also check for the latest visa and work permit requirements that may apply. Tes is not responsible for the content of advertisements or the policies adopted by advertising schools. Tes asks that all schools follow Tes’ Fair Recruitment Policy.
To apply for this job please visit ae.indeed.com.