The Research Associate will be joining Lallemand Biofuels and Distilled Spirits quality control team in Montreal. This is a role that entails being in charge of developing new and existing methods for the assessment of yeast quality as well as overseeing the daily quality control activities to comprehend the challenges and requirements. The Research Associate should be autonomous and detail oriented, perform efficiently under pressure and work well in a team. A qualification in microbiology, biotechnology, fermentation technology or similar is required, with laboratory work experience in industry as well as in academia.
The specific activities include but are not limited to:
- Keep track of the daily QC activities;
- Gather, review and report QC results;
- Observe and identify areas of improvement;
- Plan and carry out lab experiments leading to improved or novel yeast quality control methods;
- Write reports and scientific papers;
- Present the results;
- Respect health and safety policies, good manufacturing practices, good laboratory practices, and internal standard operating procedures.
- Master’s degree in Fermentation Technology, Microbiology, Biotechnology or other relevant discipline with 1-3 years related experience in industry
- Good skills in a variety of laboratory techniques, particularly in handling microbiological material (!)
- Very good skills in Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel
- Fluency in written and spoken French and English
- A broad range of knowledge of analytical techniques
Highly Trusted Work-From-Home Jobs:
- Data Entry Work From Home Jobs
- Get Paid To Take Photos
- Work From Home Jobs - Multiple Fields
- Writeappreviews.com - Get Paid To Review Apps On Your Phone
- Paid Online Writing Jobs - Get Paid To Do Simple Writing Jobs Online
- Get Paid To Use Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
Recommended Interview Questions to Crack Any Interview:
- Experience in fermentation technologies e.g. in the brewing and distilling industries
- Experience with specialized data analysis software
- Flexibility to work at irregular hours
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Attention to detail
- Good organization and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Include a curriculum vitae and cover letter.
- Willingness to travel (10%)
Lallemand is a privately held Canadian company founded in the late 19th century, which develops, produces, and markets microorganisms for various markets. The administrative offices of the parent company are in Montreal, Canada. Today, Lallemand employs more than 4,500 people working in more than 45 countries on 5 continents.
Lallemand Biofuels & Distilled Spirits is a leading fermentation ingredients supplier (yeast, yeast nutrients, and antimicrobials) for both the bioethanol and distilled spirits markets. Our clients depend on Lallemand ingredients for their fermentation processes as well as consulting and training services for those sectors.
Supported by an extensive network of warehouses, Lallemand Biofuels & Distilled Spirits’ main office is located in the United States, with satellite branches worldwide.
In both the biofuel and spirits industries, the team behind the operation demonstrates an unparalleled sense of innovation, aiming to provide the best possible quality of fermentation.
Please take note that accommodations will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
To apply for this job please visit careers.lallemand.com.