Marriott International, Inc
Restaurant Server (UK)
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Restaurant Server to join our Restaurant Team full time at the Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa. Working in our One Square Restaurant you will be expected to cover a variety of shifts including evenings and weekends.
Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa is one of Scotland’s leading 5 star hotels. As the largest 5 star hotel, we also have the biggest banqueting and meeting facilities of any hotel in Edinburgh with a capacity of up to 500 and our One Square Restaurant and bar.
To work with the Food & Beverage team to ensure achievement of strategic departmental goals, especially in the area of guest satisfaction. To be prepared to work all shifts within the outlets to create a fully multi-skilled and productive Food and Beverage team.
- Provide excellent guest service by discovering all of our guests needs and acting on these needs promptly, effectively and with confidence.
- Work across all areas of Food & Beverage to ensure that guest expectations are exceeded and standards are consistently maintained.
- Liaise and communicate effectively with all departments to ensure seamless transfer of information takes place.
- To be fully conversant with all restaurant policies and procedures.
- When fully competent, to work with the Manager and Lead Servers to provide effective on job training and coaching of new staff to help develop an highly skilled and motivated team, committed to both Hotel and departmental goals.
- Food & Beverage Service Experience required
- Previous experience, preferably 2 years, in a customer facing role within a luxury five star environment a distinct advantage
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Flexible and adaptable approach to working hours
- Impeccable personal presentation
- Must be well organized and IT literate
- Knowledge of booking systems essential such as OpenTable
- Knowledge of Outlook is essential
- Good telephone manner
You will join a fun loving and passionate team who excel in delivering world class standards and live and breathe the brands standards.
So why work for the world’s largest hospitality company?
- A competitive salary plus free meals whilst on duty.
- 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days (pro rata) after further service
- Worldwide employee and friends & family hotel room rates plus a free overnight stay with Spa access (for you and a plus 1) on the night of your induction
- 50% off all F&B outlets within the hotel and 20% F&B discount in other Marriott hotels!
- Discounts off your supermarket shop, other shopping and experiences through our Marriott Benefit Hub
- 50% off Spa Treatments and £50 gym membership within our One Spa!
- 24/7 and employee healthcare plan with access to Mental Healthcare first aiders
- Opportunities for career progression and to transfer around the world plus opportunities to get involved in our charitable and community activities
- Many more benefits however most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual
To apply for this job please visit uk.indeed.com.