|Hiring Organization||Farmlands Invercargill|
|Post Name||Retail Salesperson|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||NZD 19 To NZD 25 Per Hour|
|Location||Invercargill, Southland, New Zealand 9810|
At Farmlands, we’re extending our trading hours to include more of the weekend!
From 3 September many of our stores are extending to all day Saturday, and some for Sunday as well. Due to this, we’re looking to hire multiple Retail Salespeople for our following stores:
- Gore (Monday to Saturday)
- Invercargill (Monday to Sunday)
- Winton (Monday to Saturday)
We have full-time, part-time, and casual options available. Various hours and days are available, depending on the store. Let us know which locations you’re keen on, and what days and hours you’re available, and we’ll consider it!
Farmlands is a leading rural co-operative with over 50 years of experience in the industry. We have over 1000 employees nationwide and a network of 82 retail stores from the top of the North Island to the bottom of the South.
We pride ourselves on providing exceptional service to our 75,000 shareholders nationwide. Our size and scope allow us to offer unrivaled career growth opportunities and the chance to develop your knowledge of a wide range of farming products and services.
About the benefits
We’ll get you trained up and started up immediately! We offer a comprehensive induction and onboarding and provide ongoing product training.
Our team chooses to work at Farmlands because we invest in our people and they are at the heart of everything we do. We also offer you benefits such as:
- Great hourly rate.
- Team discounts for purchasing in Farmlands retail stores.
- Career development – world-class training with ongoing coaching, mentoring, and support.
- An exclusive Farmlands shareholding offer with access to a vast array of discounts.
- Free annual health checks & flu shots.
- Life and income protection insurance (for permanent roles of 15+ hours p/w).
- Medical insurance (for permanent roles of 30+ hours p/w).
- Our very own in-house recognition program.
- Staff discounts at Farmlands Retail Stores.
About the opportunity
As a Retail Salesperson, you’ll connect daily with our Farmlands’ shareholders in our store. You’ll also:
- Provide retail sales and customer service to our shareholders.
- Advise customers on a range of sheep and beef, dry stock, and general agricultural products.
- Operate a point of sale (POS) system.
- Complete administrative tasks such as ordering and receipting of stock.
- Restock and display our products.
What we’d be excited about
- You have a positive attitude and are keen to learn – we can train you on the rest!
- You can engage and talk to anyone.
- You have retail sales or customer service skills and experience.
- You have sound computer skills.
- You’re physically fit as there will be lifting and manual handling tasks.
Bonus Points for
- A background in the farming sector.
- Broad knowledge of agricultural products and services.