Field Service Technician – Mechanical (Rig Equipment)
As Mechanical Service Technician, you must be competent to perform overhauling, inspection, troubleshooting and commissioning of products on site and provide corrective action necessary to achieve improved customer satisfaction.
- Perform projects/jobs, which includes upgrading and/or installing products as well as repair/re-build product performance items
- Investigate reported product problems and initiate corrective action following through on the corrective action required, ensuring successful implementation
- Conduct operational analysis, make improvement recommendations and conduct retrofit management to assist in the development of products
- Participate/assist in product design reviews through analyzing events, preparing review packages, and recommending solutions as required.
- Provide information and support all customers with equipment problems
- Perform any other work-related task as required as assigned
- Comply with all NOV Company and HSE procedures and policies
- Ready to travel on call for both local and international locations
SKILLS/COMPETENCIES & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical engineering or equivalent with 7-10 years’ experience in Oil & Gas sector
- Knowledge of drilling rig equipment/operations.
- Good relationship with all employees and superiors
- Good relationship with Client, Supplier & NOV global team members
- Knowledge in Inspection, Measuring Instrument, Basic Computer knowledge in MS Office
- Good report writing and communication skills
- Able to read and interpret, drawings, diagrams/ schematics
- Knowledge of bottom hole assemblies service and repair
- Provide field service support
- Inspection and overhaul of travelling and rotating equipment
- Commissioning and installation of oilfield mechanical equipment
- Mechanical upgrade and surveys
- Carry out all duties safely and in accordance with the health and safety policy
- Troubleshooting of mechanical equipment in the field
- Good Hydraulic Troubleshooting Skills
To apply for this job please visit kw.indeed.com.