Royal Bank of Canada
Banking Advisor Intern
Full Job Description
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
This unique position calls on your client-focused sales expertise and natural problem-solving skills to maximize each client interaction. Specifically, you help clients with their everyday banking, credit, and investment needs. As an RBC ambassador, you add value in the moments that matter most to clients and collaborate with RBC partners to help clients achieve their goals. Whether you’re demonstrating to a client how to use digital banking, onboarding a new client, or referring a complex opportunity to a specialist, your expertise will contribute to creating meaningful and memorable client experiences to drive client satisfaction and loyalty.
What will you do?
- Proactively engage with clients in all areas of the branch and in the community, uncovering banking needs, providing help and advice, as well as identifying sales and referral opportunities
- Respond to client-initiated contact, assisting them with a full range of financial transactions
- Actively listen and engage clients in conversation to further understand their individual needs
- Proactively take ownership of resolving and preventing client banking problems
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with partners to make the most of business opportunities and referrals
What do you need to succeed?
- Mutual Funds accreditation (i.e., Investment Funds in Canada or the Canadian Securities Course)
- Demonstrated passion for putting clients first, as well as success in a hands-on, target-driven sales environment
- Problem-solving and people skills, with the ability to build strong relationships and proactively connect with clients
- Flexibility, eagerness to learn, strong personal ethics, and a hunger for success
- Digital literacy across a broad range of devices (i.e., smartphones, tablets, laptops, etc.)
- Availability to work all open business hours
- Track record in building rapport and maintaining client relationships within the financial or service industry
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference in our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including competitive compensation, bonuses, and flexible benefits
- Continued opportunities for career advancement
- World-class sales training, coaching, and development opportunities
- Support from a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team, as well as world-class tools and training
- Opportunity to achieve great success and grow your career with RBC
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking action to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients, and communities.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in the know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips, and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.