Royal Bank of Canada
Fixed Income Analyst
Full Job Description
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
Fixed Income Analyst
What is the opportunity?
Do you have strong organizational skills? Do you consider yourself to be detail oriented? Do you possess the ability to work efficiently both independently and within a team environment? Do you possess the ability to work efficiently in a high volume, time sensitive environment? The Fixed Income Purchases and Sales group within RBC Capital Market’s Global Operations division is looking for an entry level Analyst to perform daily processing, clearance, settlement and/or Purchase & Sales functions associated Federal and Non-Federal Fixed Income securities. This group is focused on supporting fixed income products across North America. This is an exciting opportunity to become a part of a dynamic team providing critical support for the firm’s day-to-day business activities, while contributing towards the division’s target operating model.
What will you do?
- Effectively work with teams across multiple business entities in a fast-paced environment
- Take ownership of inquiries, deliver on commitments, and ask for support as needed
- Trade Confirmations (verbal/written)
- Cash, position break and claim resolution
- Handle all trade exceptions on a timely basis and troubleshoot trade issues prior to settlement
- Ensure compliance of all department procedures and policies
- Work on Canadian statutory holidays is required (Time in lieu will be provided)
What do you need to succeed?
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work in a fast past environment
- Detail oriented, organized and results driven
- Strong analytical skills with problem solving abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment and support others as required
- Proficient computer skills in Windows based software
- Previous experience in a Capital Markets role would be an asset
- Basic understanding of Fixed Income Products
- Recognized financial industry qualifications (ie. CSC, SIE, SERIES-99)
- Experience with Excel Macros/VBA and access databases
- Experience with Broadridge Impact
- Knowledge of systems employed by Depository Trust Company (DTCC) including FICC
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.