Royal Bank of Canada
IT Operations Analyst
Full Job Description
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
IT Operations Analyst
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
The SRO Operations environment consists of Host Operations, Networks and Distributed Systems which provides the highest possible level of service to our business clients and service partners globally across the Royal Bank of Canada (RBC). We are continually strengthening our 24-7 support model with efficiencies underpinned by the enablement of automation to establish new and innovative monitoring processes that will maximize our core capabilities in the areas of operational excellence
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
Provides 7/24 technical support for RBC’s Global environments. Focus is on Continuous improvement to the business by providing excellent Client Service
- Problem Escalation
- Successful Change Management
- Successful Batch Run/Monitoring
- Recommending Process Improvements
- Message Suppression
- Automate manual tasks
- Improved Monitoring
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED?
- Demonstrated ability in written and oral communication skills along with strong presentation skills. Ability to determine the information and communication needs of the stakeholders and project.
- A strong understanding of technology and/or financial services industry.
- Undergraduate Degree/Diploma preferably in Computer Information Systems or equivalent
- Ability to learn and absorb quickly new concepts (in tools and systems), apply new knowledge as appropriate and transfer knowledge to others
- Strong ability to manage expectations with team, management and clients, and deliver on them
- Strong knowledge of Network, Distributed Systems and Console based technologies
- Knowledge of Networking processes and methodologies, Operating Systems (Windows/Unix/AIX/Linux), and/or Mainframe, Tandem/NSK or iSeries Technologies
- Mainframe platform knowledge (TSO/ISPF/VSAM/Endevor/File Aid, Xpediter, SPUFI)
- Experience in a matrix environment, such as a large, publicly-traded corporation
- Ability to facilitate between and influence key decision makers
- Strategic thinker with excellent interpersonal skills to work across functions and businesses
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work
TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Technology and Operations
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.