Royal Society of Wildlife Trusts
Coast Explorer Internship
The internship programme is funded by The Crown Estate and project managed by Kent Wildlife Trust Consultancy Services. The internship will run in partnership with The Crown Estate, Vattenfall, Canterbury City Council and Kent Wildlife Trust Consultancy Services. Each of these partners will provide opportunities for the Intern to develop skills in specialist areas of the marine sector including renewable energy, marine conservation and ecology, and community engagement.
The successful intern will follow a varied schedule that will allow them to gain experience working in an office environment; conducting an independent research project; writing and presenting reports; working with the wider community to raise awareness about environmental issues; carrying out practical and relevant field work; and assisting with practical conservation efforts.
Previous Interns from the CEIP have gone on to obtain positions working for local councils, government agencies and environmental organisations carrying out roles such as Marine Conservation Officers, Coastal Surveyors, Marine Consultants, GIS Officers, and Environmental Instructors.
This is an interesting and challenging opportunity to work alongside organisations at the forefront of the marine environmental sector in the Southeast. Interns will receive a certificate upon successful completion of the programme.
You: This post will build on existing skills and knowledge relating to marine issues, but most importantly we are looking for candidates who are passionate and enthusiastic about the marine environment and have a willingness to learn. Ideally, successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- A degree, apprenticeship or relevant experience in the marine or environmental sector; demonstrable through experience of studying, working, volunteering, participating in citizen science or taking action for the environment
- Knowledge of UK marine species and habitats
- An interest in renewable energy and marine conservation
- Strong self-motivation and an ability to manage own workload
- A mature attitude with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good level of IT competence
- The ability to work within a team and individually
To apply for this job please visit uk.indeed.com.