Site Safety and Health Officer
KBR Government Solutions delivers full life cycle professional and technical solutions that improve operational readiness and drive innovation. Our solutions help ensure mission success on land, air, sea, space and cyberspace for the Department of Defense, intelligence community, NASA, and other federal agencies. KBR’s areas of expertise include engineering, logistics, operations, science, program management, mission IT and cybersecurity.
The Site Safety Health Officer I will:
Provide health and safety inspection and oversight on a project in Poland. The SSHO is responsible for producing, implementing, and enforcing the safety program on the assigned job site, in accordance with KBR’s Safety and Health Program and EM385-1-1. The SSHO is on-duty when work is being performed, overseeing and managing project construction crews, and ensuring that all personnel are following proper safety rules and regulations. The SSHO must meet the requirements of EM 385-1-1 Section 1 and ensure compliance with 29 CFR 1926.
- The SSHO is responsible for producing, implementing, and enforcing an Accident Prevention Plan (APP) for assigned program, in accordance with the Company’s Safety and Health Program.
- Attend pre-work meetings and produce job-specific APP and Activity Hazard Analyses (AHAs), in accordance with Company’s Safety and Health Program.
- The SSHO is on-duty when work is being performed, overseeing and managing project construction crews, and ensuring that all personnel are following proper safety rules and regulations.
- Work as member of the project team, including subcontractors, to ensure implementation and continuous monitoring and enforcement of the provisions of the project EM385-1-1, APP and AHA’s.
- Ensure that all activities are conducted in accordance with all applicable KBR and OSHA requirements and regulations, the US Army Corp of Engineers Safety and Health Requirements Manual EM 385-1-1, and other applicable regulations.
- Provide professional support to federal government contracts through health and safety inspection and oversight.
- Prepare comprehensive reports of safety inspections and complete all safety related documentation and paperwork.
- Coordinate response to on-site emergencies, and interface with off-site and on-site emergency response entities.
- Conduct safety training, including new employee orientations or refresher trainings, and on-the-spot training to all personnel.
- Work with management team to develop new safety policies, refine existing policies, and modify design requirements and draft construction-related specifications.
- Management of all safety issues on the project site.
- Attend preconstruction meetings with new and existing subcontractors prior to the start of each new phase of the work.
- Stop work if necessary to resolve matters that affect safety.
- Observes subcontractors and employees at work to determine compliance with safety precautions and safety equipment used.
- Oversees and makes decisions related to project safety, health, and environmental policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain local base access and security clearance if required by project.
- Must be able to pass a NACLC security background check.
- Must possess passport book with at least 15 months of remaining validity AND with at least 6 blank visa/stamp pages remaining.
- Must be able to pass DOD security clearance for base access
- High School Diploma: B.S. in Safety Management preferred
- 5 years of Construction Industry safety experience on similar DOD or BOS projects in supervising or managing general industry or construction programs (managing safety programs, processes or conducting hazard analyses and developing controls).
- A minimum of an OSHA 30-hour Construction Safety Certification (within past 5 years)
- Current First Aid/CPR/AED Training
- CSP or CHST certification preferred
- Ability to train personnel in fall protection, excavation, shoring, scaffolding, and/or confined space preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be fluent in English
- Must possess driver’s license with at least 6 months of remaining validity
- Extensive knowledge and experience of the USACE Safety Manual EM385-1-1
- Must have EM-385 40HR certification course
- Strong Commitment to Safety
- Must pass drug screen, criminal and background check. The company is committed to a drug free workplace and pre-employment drug screens are a condition of employment.
- Must possess, or be able to secure and maintain a Secret Security clearance
- Must be able to travel to the Middle East, Jacksonville and Texas when required by Manager.
WORK HOURS: 40 hrs plus per week depending on location.
INCLUSION AND DIVERSITY AT KBR
At KBR, we are passionate about our people, sustainability, and our Zero Harm culture.
These inform all that we do and are at the heart of our commitment to and ongoing journey toward being a more inclusive and diverse company. That commitment is central to our team of team’s philosophy and fosters an environment of real collaboration across cultures and locations. Our individual differences and perspectives bring enhanced value to our teams and help us develop solutions for the most challenging problems. We understand that by embracing those differences and working together, we are more innovative, more resilient, and safer.
To apply for this job please visit bh.indeed.com.