|Post Name||Security Guard|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||AED 2500 Per Month|
|Location||Dubai, United Arab Emirates 00000|
Serco is an international service company, employing over 80,000 people in more than 30 countries. We work across a variety of sectors, including transport, health, justice, immigration, defense, infrastructure services, and consulting.
About the Opportunities
Having commenced the Middle East Logistics and Base Support (MILABS) Contract with the Australian Defence Force (ADF) in 2011, Serco is delivering fully integrated support to ADF bases in the Middle East. We provide logistics and base support services, offering high-quality services in areas such as maintenance and ground refueling, catering, accommodation, and other support functions. We are working with the department of defense to include security personnel as part of our service provision.
We require various Security Guards preferably with Defence Force experience (however not essential) to join our team based in Dubai, UAE. These roles are being offered on a permanent basis as unaccompanied contracts, based in Dubai. (please note this is NOT a FIFO position)
The purpose of the Security Guards will be to assist the Australian Commonwealth Defence Force with managing, coordinating, and administrating the movements of the Australian Defence Force personnel internally at Al Minhad Airbase, as well as externally (in-country relocations and scheduled leave)
- Australian citizenship
- Current valid Australian Drivers Licence (in order to obtain UAE driving license)
- Current valid Australian Passport (minimum 12 months validity required)
- A valid security license issued by the authorized Governing Body Organization in the Australian State. The security license must be in date and include the below license functions:
- Crowd Controller
- Security Officer (Unarmed)
- Security Officer (Monitoring) – Note: Some Australian State security license issuing bodies don’t specifically mention ‘Monitoring’ on security operations certificates or licenses, therefore in these instances, the candidate must provide written confirmation from the applicable governing body (i.e. for South Australian issued security certificates and security licenses, it is the Consumer and Business Services, Occupational Licensing organization) that the ‘monitoring’ competency is included in the security certificate and/or license by default
- A minimum Baseline AGSVA security level clearance (preferred however not essential as this can be applied for if successful in obtaining the position, however, if you are selected for the position, you must be willing to obtain a security clearance (AGSVA baseline) which Serco will sponsor. The security clearance application performed by the Australian Government Security Vetting Agency (AGSVA) consists of detailed background checks including criminal history, travel history, and financial history)
- Safeguard the security of the premises and the surrounding perimeter of the location.
- Maintain an active awareness of current threat levels and remain vigilant in the reporting of any suspicious activities observed.
- Provide friendly, helpful customer service whenever possible and at all times maintain a collaborative working relationship (s) with personnel, contractors, and external agencies (e.g., Local Police).
- Act as a deterrent to avoid non-compliance with security protocols.
- Report any incident encountered to the on-duty client representative who will direct appropriate action.
Skills and attributes
- Experience working in a base operations environment (desirable)
- Fluent English communication skills (reading, writing, and speaking) and the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently and work productively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, meet the public, respond to questions, and furnish information.
- Ability to follow instructions explicitly and exercise judgment and act quickly in an emergency situation.
- Highly motivated and flexible to work in a time-sensitive environment to respond quickly and effectively to unanticipated high workloads, events, and emergencies.
This is a position of trust and responsibility and to support this we will conduct a thorough probity assessment, which includes a national police check as an essential selection component for this role.
Serco requires employees in this role to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to ensure the safety and well-being of our people. Please consider this requirement when submitting your application.
What does Serco offer?
- This is an exciting opportunity to join a successful global organization with a growing presence in the Defence Force sector around the world.
- Relocation support return airfare and allowances will be offered and discussed in more detail with shortlisted candidates.
To apply for this job please visit www.livehire.com.