|Post Name||Security Engineer|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||EUR 30 To EUR 35 Per Hour|
|Location||San Ġiljan, Malta STJ 1362|
We are a customer-centric tech start-up in the Sports and Digital Entertainment industry who are passionate about bringing communities together across the African continent both online and through our agency operations. Since launching our first product (BetKing), we have accelerated our growth to meet demand, all whilst hiring an incredible team of Creators and Innovators across Africa, Europe, and the Middle East.
There has never been a better time to join our Kingdom than today! We are a customer-centric tech start-up in the Sports and Digital Entertainment industry who are passionate about bringing communities together across the African continent both online and through our agency operations.
Since launching our first product (BetKing), we have accelerated our growth to meet demand, all whilst hiring an incredible team of Makers, Creators, and Innovators across Africa, Europe, and the Middle East. There has never been a better time to join our Kingdom than today!
Have you ever thought of joining a hyper-growth start-up that’s redefining its industry? Look no further! We are one of the fastest growing companies in our sector, using innovative technology and solving the hardest problems to bring African sports fans unrivaled digital sports and gaming entertainment experiences, online, offline, 24/7.
As a Security Engineer, you’ll be analyzing our various applications and ensuring you have a firm grasp on their overall security posture. You’ll test, plan, and liaise with developers to make iterative improvements wherever necessary.
You’ll be working closely with DevOps, encouraging shift-left security and the adoption of best practices. You’ll also work closely with IT and have direct input into how our Information and Cybersecurity Policies are shaped. KingMakers puts customers at the heart of everything it does, and that includes security. We want to ensure we’re applying industry-leading security standards to everything we do.
What you will be doing:
- Working within the DevOps team and interfacing with engineering teams to encourage a shift-left security approach
- Undertaking proactive pen-testing using popular industry-relevant tools such as Burp Suite, Kali Linux, Metasploit, etc
- Identifying gaps in our security posture and undertaking proactive measures to fix them
- Writing, maintaining, and implementing Cyber / Information Security policies and procedures across the Engineering department
- Design and coordinate cohesive responses to security events
- Keep on top of current security trends, zero-day exploits, and exploitation patterns and raise awareness of their potential impact
- Analyze observability, logging, and monitoring posture, ensuring appropriate coverage and response capability
- Build out the SIEM function within the organization
What you need for this role:
- 3+ years of experience as a security engineer with demonstrable cybersecurity knowledge
- 2+ years of experience automating security through scripting (Bash, Powershell, Python, etc)
- Knowledge of monitoring systems such as ELK, AppInsights, Prometheus, Azure Sentinel
- Experience in threat detection, analysis, and remediation
- Demonstrable knowledge of business continuity and disaster recovery practices
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a broad range of stakeholders up to C-level
- A natural problem solver with excellent organization and prioritization skills
- Experience in decision-making in a pressurized environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- University degree or equivalent from a knowledge & experience perspective
Who you are:
- Customer-focused: everything we do is about our customers and stakeholders
- Organized: millions of transactions and messages go through these systems, so you need to stay on top of your priorities and focused on what is important
- Analytical: you should be able to look at data and insight from multiple sources and monitoring tools, and draw informed conclusions
- Thrive under pressure: we’re hyper-growth, so major incidents for us are the most pressured thing we do!
- Relevant: the marketplace, competitors, and customers move fast, so you need to help us keep up by staying on top of trends and applying that to how we can get the best out of our systems and our teams
- Team Player: building great teams is how we will succeed
Beyond our great company benefits and competitive salaries, we recognize that to grow sustainably and thrive positively we need to engage the right talent because our people are a merit to our success. We have an inclusive culture where everyone can thrive and where everybody has a seat at the table.
To apply for this job please visit mt.linkedin.com.