Relational Security Officer
Come work as a Relational Security Officer with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for Relational Security Officers to join the team at Lions Gate Hospital, Richmond Hospital and Vancouver General Hospital. We have full-time and part-time opportunities available. Apply today!
As a Relational Security Officer at Vancouver Coastal Health you will make your impact by:
- Establishing a supportive presence at healthcare sites to emphasize, maintain, and ensure security of persons and property in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Providing a proactive approach to managing potential violence and aggression within the healthcare setting, ensuring a safe and healthy environment for patients, staff and visitors.
- Working as part of a Relational Security Team that promotes a variety of trauma informed interventions, practices and safety & prevention services. This work is framed within VCH’s commitments to Indigenous cultural safety, anti-racism, and diversity, equity and inclusion.
Education & Experience
- Current BC Security Guard License
- Occupational First Aid Level II Certification
- Certification of Training Completion in Advanced Security Training
- One year’s recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Successful completion of the Provincial Violence Prevention Curriculum is an expectation of the role.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.