Security Jobs Wellington
|Hiring Organization||Office of the Ombudsman|
|Post Name||Manager Security|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||NZD 5500 To NZD 6000 Per Month|
|Location||Wellington, New Zealand 6011|
- Support the Chief Ombudsman’s vision of fairness for all.
- Opportunity to lead and develop a newly created team.
- Lead and advise on security matters for a first-class integrity agency.
About the Office of the Ombudsman – About the Ombudsman
The Chief Ombudsman is an Officer of Parliament and handles complaints about the actions and decisions of government agencies, undertakes investigations and inspections, and provides advice and guidance to ensure people in New Zealand are treated fairly by the state. The Chief Ombudsman is an independent and impartial integrity agency.
About the team – About the team
The security team is a newly established team of four including the manager within the Corporate Group to support the work of the New Zealand Ombudsman.
About the role – About the role
The Manager, Security will lead a newly created team to provide security advice, leadership and programme management for the Chief Ombudsman. Being a newly created team this role offers you an opportunity to use your expertise in physical.
Personnel and information security matters in order to protect the people, work and reputation of the Office and lead, develop and grow a new team within the Office. The role leads and provides advice concerning security, leadership and programme management to senior stakeholders within the organisation.
You’ll have a high level of oversight around the security work plan, ensuring that strategies are integrated and fit for purpose. Working cohesively and partnering with cross-functional teams to ensure the strategic objectives are met in a timely manner. The role requires you to lead both people and projects, and be agile in the way we deliver the programmes of work to fit in with our values.
About you – About you
To be successful in this role you will have
- A relevant tertiary qualification in protective security or another relevant field, or significant and comparable work experience.
- Several years of experience at the lead or management level in protective security or another relevant field.
- Experience leading and engaging a team to deliver sound policies and procedures.
- Sound understanding of the Ombudsman in New Zealand’s constitutional framework.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to articulate complex messages clearly, simply and concisely.
- The ability to confidently lead through ambiguity and periods of uncertainty.
- Strong problem-solving orientation – must be able to develop innovative, resourceful solutions to complex unstructured problems
- Confident and comfortable presenting information, and refined relationship management skills.
- Excellent problem-solver that is results-driven but flexible, as well as analytical.