Assistant Security Manager
Why join us?
Are you looking to join an innovative, global real estate company who builds communities and connects people to exceptional places? If so, we would love to tell you our story.
At Oxford, our culture is truly one of a kind. Across business lines and around the world, we embrace the complex and tackle opportunities with speed and agility. We are ambitious and humble, forward looking and service-focused. We get stuff done, and have fun doing it! We take great pride in contributing to the communities where we live. We believe that what is good for the environment is good for business. Together we deliver exceptional experiences to our over 2 million daily customers.
We are looking for a highly motivated Assistant Security Manager to join our team at Scarborough Town Centre. In this role you will have the opportunity to provide leadership, guidance and direction for our Security Supervisors and Professionals within the Security Department and work collaboratively with all other operational departments at the Shopping Centre. You will also safeguard the company’s property from legal improprieties and loss. You will have the opportunity to recommend, review and implement safety programs. Your problem solving skills, business acumen and passion for building potential partnerships will be the key to your success.
Please note that flexible availability will be required for this role, including afternoons and weekends as needed.
As a member of this team, you will be responsible for
- Ensuring that the Scarborough Town Centre and Oxford customer service philosophies are met and are an important part of the everyday operation of the Security Department;
- Integrating the Emergency Response Plan outlined by National Programs along with the development/updating of site specific corresponding plans and ensuring the shopping centre has adequate emergency procedures and that staff are trained in them;
- Making recommendations and co-manage all operational needs of the Security Department;
- Monitoring tenant and customer satisfaction and attitudes towards safety at the centre on a continual basis;
- Notifying as appropriate – all tenants, employees, customers, suppliers, and contractors regarding potential hazards;
- Providing instruction, information, and supervision to all workers regarding potential hazards and unsafe work procedures;
- Conducting and recording regular safety inspections of the workplace and correct or adequately address noted hazards;
- Assistance in the administration of Emergency Evacuations and Crisis Response Exercises;
- Accommodating and assisting the Joint Health and Safety Committee in the performance of their duties;
- Managing illness/injury investigations, refusals to work and notice to the JHSC member of the Health and Safety representative;
- Conducting accident, illness, injury, and near-miss investigations as required by the Corporate Health and Safety Manual;
- Providing prescribed notification to the Ministry of Labour in case of accidents or injury pursuant to legislative requirements;
- Assist with all Operational and administrative responsibilities pertaining to the shopping centre security functions.
- Limiting risk to the centre and reputation of Oxford
To succeed in this role, you have
- A minimum of 5 years Security work experience, with 3 years Supervisory exposure;
- Education OSSD; Highschool. Post secondary education in the field of Law, Justice, Security or Policing is preferred;
- A minimum of 5 years experience managing/operating life safety and technological systems (i.e. Fire Panel, CCTV, access control)
- A valid First Aid and CPR certification;
- A recognized security industry designation (i.e. CPP, PSP) is an asset;
- Thrive in fast paced environments that constantly evolve and adapt;
- Embrace collaborative sharing of knowledge within a teamwork environment;
- Driven to achieving results and continuously striving to deliver the highest performance through creative thinking.
- an Ontario Health and Safety Certifications 1 and 2 is preferred
- an Emergency or Critical response training is preferred
- Experience operating/managing during construction and development conditions an asset
Oxford Properties Group (“Oxford”) is a leading global real estate investor, asset manager and business builder. It builds, buys, and grows defined real estate operating business with world-class management teams. Established in 1960, Oxford and its portfolio companies manage approximately C$87 billion of assets across four continents on behalf of their investment partners. Oxford’s owned portfolio encompasses office, logistics, retail, multifamily residential, life sciences, hotels, alternatives and credit in global gateway cities and high-growth hubs. A thematic investor with a committed source of capital, Oxford invests in properties, portfolios, development sites, debt, securities, and real estate businesses across the risk-reward spectrum. Together with its portfolio companies, Oxford is one of the world’s most active developers with over 80 projects currently underway globally across all major asset classes. Oxford is owned by OMERS, the Canadian defined benefit pension plan for Ontario’s municipal employees.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.