Seneca College of Applied Arts and Technology
Within the Centre for Executive & Professional Learning (Faculty of Continuing Education and Training), the Program Assistant executes the clerical requirements of defined program areas within department. The Program Assistant provides office administration and systems support for the department (including part-time faculty) as well as program information for staff and present and prospective students. The incumbent coordinates and prioritizes administrative details to ensure deadlines and customer service standards are met. The incumbent uses a detailed knowledge of the department’s programs, systems and procedures and is called on to use a broad knowledge of other departments’ programs when representing the Faculty as a whole.
- Maintains records such as information on faculty and hiring, program records, and exams.
- Prepares, proofreads and edits reports, memos/letters, subject outlines (including publishing to the Web), tests, exams, purchase requisitions, textbook requests and printing requests for Director and Program Managers.
- Assesses and organizes daily, weekly, and semesterly work within the context of rigid deadlines for program schedules, textbook orders, part-time contracts, subject outlines and exam/test preparation.
- Coordinates processes for semester start-ups of program activity.
- Initiates action in response to class cancellations, facility problems and printing difficulties.
- Maintains ongoing communication with staff and faculty (in print, in person and electronically) regarding matters such as preparation of part-time faculty contracts, subject information and schedules, College policies and procedures, and orientation of new part-time staff and faculty.
- Informs the public of program and curriculum activity and acts as a first-line of consultation for appropriate subject selection, admission requirements, academic policy and procedures.
- Liaises with College services/departments to ensure the smooth running of the department.
- Assumes information role for entire Faculty on both a scheduled and back-up basis.
- Investigates and resolves situations, arranges for students/other College departments to be notified, or refers to the Program Manager for action.
- Helps with other programs within Director’s portfolio as needed.
- Minimum of a completed two (2) year post-secondary diploma in Office Administration or related field. If education is in a related field, state how it is relevant.
- Demonstrated experience with an on-line system, electronic file management and software packages such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and web tools.
- Demonstrated ability to provide exceptional customer service.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in an office administrative support position.
- Strong clerical skills for organizing files, maintaining department financial files, writing memos, letters, emails, prioritizing multiple tasks.
- Well-developed interpersonal, customer service, and communication skills (verbal and written) to interact effectively with multi-cultural/racial/able students, staff, employers, and the public are required.
Note: A skills assessment test may be administered during the recruitment process.
Note: Seneca requires copies of educational credentials at the time of an interview. Confirmation of educational credentials in the form of an official Canadian transcript or an official evaluation of international credentials which determines Canadian equivalency will be required upon hire.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.