Case Manager Jobs Los Angeles
|Hiring Organization||O’Melveny & Myers LLP|
|Post Title||Case Manager Jobs Los Angeles|
|Post Name||Senior Paralegal/Case Manager|
|Qualification||A bachelor’s degree is preferred.|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 2500 To USD 3500 Per Month|
|Location||Los Angeles, California, United States 90067|
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists attorneys in all stages of complex litigation matters.
- Assists in all phases of discovery, including fact gathering and analysis of documents, document productions, and preparing for depositions and witness interviews.
- Maintains and organizes electronic case files to ensure case documents are easily and promptly accessible to all team members.
- Coordinates court and agency filings, including assembling motion papers and exhibits, coordinating filings of pleadings and briefs, and ensuring proper service.
- Assists with trial preparation, including creating trial notebooks, identifying and organizing exhibits, coordinating witness schedules, maintaining trial calendars, and communicating with opposing counsel and courtroom staff.
- Coordinates, reviews, and maintains project status tracking charts for matters, including any tasks and deliverable requirements.
- Conducts factual research to support attorney projects.
- Assists with document searches, review, and analysis through various platforms, e.g., Relativity, Case Notebook.
- Performs and supervises complex cite checking.
- Proofreads briefs and other legal documents.
- Communicates with clients, witnesses, and other outside parties as requested or approved by attorneys.
- Mentors, trains, and facilitates work coordination for project assistants.
- Accurately records time worked on a daily basis.
- Assists with other department activities as needed, and perform additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Minimum 10 years experience performing traditional litigation paralegal functions.
- In-person trial support and experience are required.
- Proficient with computerized legal research and document retention databases for performing fact and legal research and effective management of complex evidence and case files.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite applications including Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Familiar with manipulating pdf files in Adobe.
- Must have excellent organizational and written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment with attorneys, paralegals, and other staff members.
- Experience supervising junior paralegals and assistants.
- The ability to work overtime and travel as needed is also required.
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- A paralegal certificate from an ABA-approved program is required.