Visa Careers Singapore
|Post Name||Senior Software Engineer|
|Qualification||Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field with 2 years of relevant experience or BS Degree with 4 years of experience.|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||SGD 5300 To SGD 5350 Per Month|
Job Description And Responsibilities
- We are developing and executing a shared strategic vision for Loyalty platforms and products that enable Visa to be the world-leading data-driven payments company. As a Senior Software developer, you will work closely with a world-class team of Development and Test Engineers.
- This position is ideal for an engineer who is passionate about solving challenging business problems and building applications that provide excellent user experiences. You will be an integral part of the Loyalty development team focusing on the design and building of software solutions that leverage data to solve business problems.
- The candidate will be extensively involved in hands-on activities including POCs, design, documentation, coding, unit testing, implementation, and documentation of solutions for new development, system enhancements, and production support.
- The candidate must be flexible and willing to switch tasks based on the team s needs.
- Development and programming functions to ensure that projects are delivered on time and within budget with good code quality.
- Work with architects, systems analysts, project managers, QA, and other developers to successfully implement business requirements while applying the latest available tools and technology.
- Responsible for the architecture, design, development, and implementation of data-based software applications. This includes working with both business and technical stakeholders to deliver high-quality products and services that meet business requirements and expectations.
- Interact with business units to define requirements/modifications and use cases to utilize in designing appropriate solutions.
- Provide recommendations on the scope and scale of effort required to develop a solution.
- Design, develop, document, and implement new programs and subprograms, as well as enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing software – Develop testing and debugging routines.
- Create documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
- Build and maintain relationships with global and virtual teams and third parties on software development or support issues.
- Identify opportunities for further enhancements and refinements to standards, best practices, and development methodologies.
- Work directly with Architects, System Analysts, Dev leads and QA team leads to manage the technical aspects of a development pipeline.
Please Note: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving visa/travel restrictions in place, we are currently only able to extend offers to candidates with the right to work in Singapore. We are keeping the situation under close review and will adjust accordingly should the restrictive measures be lifted.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field with 2 years of relevant experience or BS Degree with 4 years of experience.
- Previous exposure to financial services is a plus, but not required.
- Strong knowledge of Java or Scala.
- Strong knowledge of database concepts, systems architecture, and data structures is a must.
- Java/J2EE/Angular, Spring Cloud, Microservices, and strong knowledge of API development are desired.
- Knowledge of Hadoop framework components (HDFS, Map Reduce, Spark, HBase, Kafka) is a plus.
- Experience working in an Agile and Test-Driven Development environment.
- Process-oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Work independently and mentor others in the team with minimal supervision.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and change direction mid-course based on business drivers.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a complex organization to determine business and customer needs, providing the best solution to meet those needs.
- Ability to work independently in a high throughput environment.
- Demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor, strong attention to detail, team-oriented, energetic, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible style.