Procurement Category Lead
|Hiring Organization||Air Arabia|
|Post Name||Procurement Category Lead – Direct|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s Degree in Management or equivalent combined with the necessary experience|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||AED 62537 To AED 12900 Per Month|
|Location||Sharjah, United Arab Emirates|
Air Arabia is looking for an experienced dynamic professional to manage direct procurement for the Airline. We actively encourage you to apply if you have experience in a Commercial Airline handling procurement activities including procurement of direct assets related to Engineering & Maintenance, Aircraft Contracts, Fuel, Insurance, and similar activities.
To provide an excellent, professional sourcing and procurement service to assigned entities within Air Arabia Group which delivers the best value for money, service, and quality from the most suitable suppliers. Act as a middle point between suppliers/vendors on one hand and internal Air Arabia Group management and departments on the other, to ensure satisfactory agreements.
Key Result Responsibilities
- Develop and implement procurement strategies to deliver ongoing cost reductions and process simplification. Taking responsibility for financial performance against plan and proactively developing a pipeline of innovative initiatives that reduce Indirect spending.
- Assists in implementing our strategic approach to overall spending, alongside internal stakeholders, advisors, and a wide range of external stakeholders; set out a clear strategy to Shape & Optimise Cost Categories and keeps the strategy updated over time.
- Implement supplier management policies to ensure consistent practices and develop strategic supplier relationships; Process new vendor requests as required and establishes new relationships with subcontractors and suppliers to ensure adequate resources for all projects and to improve pricing and quality of work.
- Assist in setting up and maintaining the company quality control program
- Supervises and handles Stores and Inventory control activities (as assigned) ensuring the adequacy and timeliness availability of needed material and products in accordance with business requirements and quality standards.
- Undertakes procurement activities including administration & documentation to deliver the best value for money, quality, and security of supply commensurate with customer’s business needs; Ensure the most appropriate procurement processes are applied to meet business needs and transaction costs are minimized
- Collates performance data for the Commodity spends into agreed reporting formats; produces Management Information reports and necessary analysis to highlight critical areas, trends, discrepancies, excess, short supply, etc to support management decisions.
- Reviews/updates and maintains an accurate database for all commodity procurement teams such as assessments, contracts, etc.
- Manages control measures to ensure adherence by suppliers/vendors/internal clients to agreed standards in procurement practices.
- Responsible for roll-out, coordinating, and managing the implementation of Procurement Systems including user training, technical support, system improvements, and user compliance with system utilization and administration.
- Carries out procurement research through internal customers, suppliers, and other sources of information to obtain feedback and assessment of procurement activities.
- Liaise regularly and collaborate with appropriate members of the Procurement function at Air Arabia Airline Hubs and subsidiary companies (Cozmo, SAS, etc.) to ensure consistency of approach
- Keep abreast of business developments within Air Arabia affecting areas of responsibility and work closely with business users to understand their current and future business needs
- Keep abreast of and anticipate developments within relevant supply markets affecting areas of responsibility within Air Arabia and develop plans to capitalize on them
- Keep abreast of current management and procurement techniques and thinking and use and deploy them as appropriate to ensure the area of responsibility is at the forefront of modern thinking
- Proactively promote the benefits of professional procurement to extend the use of best procurement practices throughout Air Arabia
- Directs, manages, and develops the assigned team members to provide a sourcing and procurement service that meets the current and future needs of business users at the least cost.
- Benchmarking supplier performance and Negotiation
- Serves as the point of contact for vendors on contractual legal matters; liaises with internal managers, and vendors to identify and resolve issues. ensures that obligations to vendors are met in accordance with contractual agreements and initiates remedial action in the event of contract breach; coordinates vendors’ payments with Finance.
- Drafts evaluations, and contract terms from legal aspects, and administer contracts in accordance with the company’s policies and legal requirements. Provides red-lined recommendations on all standard and non-standard contracts, and often negotiates directly with internal managers until consensus has been reached.
- Provides administrative support for all contract management activities such as contract termination, suspension, claims, variations, close-outs, and extensions.
- Ensures that originals of signed contracts are managed/ controlled/ communicated to all relevant parties to provide contract visibility, awareness, and interpretation to support implementation. Ensures redaction of confidential sections before sending contracts to third parties.
Qualifications (Academic, training, languages)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management or equivalent combined with the necessary experience.
- MCIPS or equivalent.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Can show a history of career progression and ambition to grow further.
- Excellent business writing and reporting skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Internet, and Web Search (Excel advanced level).
- Detail-oriented, and comfortable with numbers, charts, and data sheets.
- Fluent in the English Language.
- 5+ years of experience in procurement/ Purchasing roles for Airlines of large-scale tactical & strategic nature.
- Prior experience in managing RFP and contract management is essential.
- Experience in managing and negotiating with key vendors, strategically agile, with strong commercial acumen and exceptional negotiation skills in managing large, complex, Large outsourcing-based development contracts in an Airline/Airport environment.
- Experienced in initiating and managing contracts of technical nature.
- Demonstrates skills in handling financial transactions with accuracy.
- Cooperative team player; possesses very good organizing and time management skills.
- Capable of preparing/extracting reports from different sources of data and identifying shortages.
- Multi-task oriented, responds to multiple assignments easily and promptly.
- Organized and demonstrates high attention to detail.
- Willing to support and provide alternate solutions in ad-hoc scenarios and unplanned situations.
- Dependable, self-motivated takes ownership and acts proactively.
- Displays energy and enthusiasm.
- Capable of working under pressure and tight timeframes without compromising quality.
- Employs a balance of technical expertise, and interpersonal relations to interact with senior-level stakeholders and external providers as well as execute new initiatives that support the company’s objectives.
- Demonstrates the ability to contribute and successfully deliver against set KPIs.
To apply for this job please visit careers.airarabia.com.