Electrical Engineer (WFH)
ASnapshot of Your Day
This position willdesign, test, and commission solutions using power converter and invertersystems ( VFDs / Drives ), motors, and industrial technology to satisfycustomer requirements. Our integrated solutions also include stored energysolutions including batteries, fly-wheels and fuel Cells for industrialapplications and other Green Energy solutions. This role will be supported byleading global standards, products, technical experts and an experienced localproject team. Our team of experts, proposal managers, business developmentmanagers, project managers, and field service personnel routinely collaborateto successfully execute large complex industrial projects in the marine,offshore world.
HowYou’ll Make an Impact
- Work following customer requirements, specifications, and proposals to size and select drive systems for the customer’s applications with a focus on creating drive control concepts including software creation.
- To work with interfacing and controlling the drive system and associated mechanical and electrical equipment including switchgear, control houses, cooling systems, transformers, etc.
- Work closely with drafters to create outline drawings, electrical schematics, wiring diagrams, bills of materials, test plans and O&M manuals for the customer
- Learn the latest industrial solutions and new product developments within Siemens Energy
- Must be proficient in planning workload and specific tasks and be able to meet budgets and achieve completion dates.
- Interface directly with customers, sales reps, vendors, project managers, and field service personnel
- Execute (individually or as member or leader of an engineering team) highly customized production orders under minimum supervision utilizing product design guides, industry standards and best engineering practices.
- Provide engineering support for Proposals, Sales, Project Management, Manufacturing, Field Service and Quality Assurance groups during project cycle up to and including commissioning
- Provide technical content for Customized Product manuals.
What You Bring
- Minimum four year BS/BA Engineering Degree required (Electrical Engineering Degree Preferred) or equivalent experience.
- Strong technical background in power converter and inverter systems (Drives/VFDs)/Control System Solution Design
- Candidates should have 4+ years relevant industrial experience.
- Must have knowledge and experience in industrial drive and motor installation and commissioning.
- Must be able to interface with customers and vendors and resolve comments and changes to documents and drawings.
- Must have the ability to read schematics and interpret customer specifications.
- Should have strong organization and excellent time management skills, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Canada and be a citizen or permanent resident
- Industrial security clearance may be required to work on some projects
- Willing to travel domestic as well as international (approx. 35%)
- Marine or Offshore production working experience
- Siemens Automation hands on experience S7, TIA, PCS7
- Knowledge of industrial electrical codes, such as NEC, IEC, NEMA, NFPA 70, NFPA 79, UL and CE certifications
- Service and/or Commissioning Experience.
About the Team
Inour Electrification, automation and digitalization division, we offercomprehensive digital portfolio solutions in the maritime sector and otherprocess industries comprising electrification, and solutions. Our customers aresupported with sustainable and mission-critical products, solutions, andservices.
Who is Siemens Energy?
AtSiemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet thegrowing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate isprotected. With more than 92,000 dedicated employees, we not only generateelectricity for over 16% of the global community, but we’re also using our technologyto help protect people and the environment.
Ourglobal team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energya reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-yearlegacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support ourfocus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same.Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combinedcreative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebratescharacter – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity,or disability. We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminatebased on our differences.
- Career growth and development opportunities
- Supportive work culture and a healthy work- life balance
- Flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Competitive total rewards package
- Flexible benefits and savings programs
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell vacation
- Parental leave
- Profit sharing
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives
- Diversity and inclusivity focused
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.