Ministry of Law
What the role is
The Anti-Money Laundering/Countering the Financing of Terrorism Division (“ACD”) is responsible for the implementation of the anti-money laundering / countering the financing of terrorism (“AML/CFT”) regulatory regime for the precious stones and precious metals dealers (“PSMD”) sector.
You will be part of a dynamic team enforcing PSMDs for AML/CFT compliance and preparing for the Financial Action Task Force’s mutual evaluation (“FATF ME”) of Singapore.
What you will be working on
You will be conducting investigations of suspected regulatory offences and breaches under the Precious Stones and Precious Metals (Prevention of Money Laundering and Terrorism Financing) Act (“PSPM Act”) and the Precious Stones and Precious Metals (Prevention of Money Laundering and Terrorism Financing) Regulations (“PMLTF Regulations”).
As part of investigations, you will be required to conduct interviews, field visits and inspections of the PSMDs to determine if a regulatory offence and/or breach has been committed.
You will also be required to attend to enquiries from internal and external stakeholder, review of policy and process, and partake in Division and Ministry events.
What we are looking for
*Key Competencies Required*
- [Investigating and Gathering Evidence]: Investigate potential enforcement violations by collecting and analysing all evidence while considering facts of the case, and with an appreciation of different privacy laws, security standards, and frameworks across countries and jurisdictions. Ensure all evidence related to the case are appropriately obtained, documented, processed, and stored in accordance with agency policy and procedures to support case resolution.
- [Managing Risks]: Evaluate possible situational risks and develop strategies to prioritise safety to members of public, agency, and officers. Adopt a risk-based approach to enable better decision making in resource allocation and risk management.
- [Possessing Interviewing Skills]: Use appropriate interviewing techniques to obtain important information about the incident.
*Personal Traits/Work Experience*
We are looking for team players with integrity, positive and open attitudes, who are keen to learn and grow with ACD to be a progressive, firm and effective AML/CFT supervisor.
- Prior experience related to compliance, enforcement and investigation will be an advantage. Candidates with no experience may apply
- Motivated and proactive with interest in AML/CFT related work
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with ability to connect with PSMDs and work effectively with other stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
Successful candidates will be appointed on a 1-year contract, subject to annual renewal with potential for emplacement into permanent position.
To apply for this job please visit sg.indeed.com.