University of Reading
Senior Content Officer
We are recruiting a Senior Content Officer to sit within the Content Team reporting to the Head of Content.
Within Marketing, Communication and Engagement (MCE), the Content Team creates, proofs, publishes and commissions top-class, compelling content across reading.ac.uk, related digital channels and strategically important printed products.
The University of Reading (UoR) is among the top 30 UK universities (THE University World Rankings 2023). We operate in a highly competitive, global market – and it has never been so challenging to attract research income, students, academic and professional staff.
It is the role of the Marketing, Communication and Engagement function to provide expert, professional marketing, engagement and communication strategy and delivery. We work in a matrix management model to build the University’s reputation, brand and profile, and deliver robust, innovative and global campaigns to support recruitment, fundraising and engagement targets.
You will be highly motivated, astute, strategic, and proactive. You will work with confidence and be able to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders with different levels of technical understanding. You will generate innovative solutions to challenges where there may be no clear precedents. You must be able to work at pace in a fast-moving environment – able to spot opportunities early to stay ahead of our competitors.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- You will create, proof, publish and commission top-class, compelling, persuasive content across reading.ac.uk, all related digital channels and strategically important printed products – ensuring it is targeted, effective and cuts through to key audiences. You will also aggregate and curate content, and co-create with partner organisations where appropriate.
- You will produce robust handling plans for each project using rigorous analysis and evidence – with clear objectives, channels, messages and evaluation. It will be your responsibility to choose the optimum format and advise colleagues accordingly.
- You will monitor web and digital performance through site analytics tools to keep our wider marketing strategy on track – creating or contributing to evaluation reports as required.
- You will track user satisfaction, behaviours and feedback through qualitative and quantitative analysis and insight – with regular sentiment, reputation and perception analysis.
- You will lead or take part in virtual project teams to deliver major integrated marketing and communication projects.
- You will create robust templates and content management processes for the Content Team and other teams across the University to ensure consistency, coordination and high-quality output. You will provide expert advice to colleagues, helping them to create useful and accessible content across the University’s wide range of channels.
To apply for this job please visit uk.indeed.com.