Data Science Internship
Welcome to SkillLab
At SkillLab, we envision a world where everyone has a pathway to employment. To realize this vision, we develop a mobile app to provide skill-based career guidance to job seekers around the globe.
- You will gain hands-on experience in data science at a technology start-up.
- You will work with the Lead Data Scientist, Aaron, and our data scientist, Rihab to continuously improve our product.
- You will experience the culture of a technology start-up with a social mission.
SkillLab is a growing start-up that partners globally with the leading organizations that are or serve employment services. As a Data Science Intern, your role will be to assist in the day-to-day tasks of the data science team as well as pursue a research task aimed at improving the end-user experience.
What You Will Do
- Help in sourcing new data sources to improve model performance
- Data cleaning and data exploration
- Assist in improving our recommender engine
- Cooperate across the organization including with the UX and Developer teams
Is this you?
- A data science, computer science, physics, mathematics, or similar major
- You have some experience in python and are familiar with panda’s library as well as some visualization libraries
- You are excited to learn more about how to experience and contribute to a high-tech software product from start to finish in a technology start-up
- You can solve problems in a methodological way
- You can work independently and as part of a small team
- You are able to quickly understand and learn new topics
- You have strong written and verbal English communication skills
- You have experience developing machine learning models
- You have experience with using APIs
- This is a paid internship.
- If you live in Amsterdam or relocate to Amsterdam during your internship, then the monthly reimbursement is will be 1.000 EUR.
- You can do the internship by living in another city in the Netherlands and commuting to the office 1-2 days per week.
- If you do the internship remotely, then the monthly reimbursement will be 700 EUR.
- SkillLab covers your train commuting expenses to Amsterdam,
Our selection procedure
- You apply for the role and we review your profile.
- We will invite you for a short screening call.
- We will invite you for a 60min interview if we find that you are a good fit. The interview will involve you preparing a short assignment.
- We will offer you the internship and discuss logistics if we think that you are the ideal candidate for the role.
What else to know?
- If this job is not for you, perhaps you have a friend who might be a good fit. Send them this job posting!
- Get 3 tips for your job application at SkillLab ( )
- SkillLab is committed to diversity, equality, and inclusion at the workplace. We welcome applications of candidates from all backgrounds.
To apply for this job please visit nl.linkedin.com.