Junior Software Developer
|Hiring Organization||International Road Dynamics Inc.|
|Post Name||Junior Software Developer|
|Qualification||Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 28 To CAD 30 Per Hour|
|Location||Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada S7K 3T9|
Position: Junior Software Developer
Who we are:
IRD is an Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) company and a world leader in the highway traffic management and in-vehicle systems solutions industry, specializing in traffic data collection, weight enforcement, commercial vehicle operations, toll, and safety.
Over the past 40 years, IRD has diversified both from a market and geographical perspective. IRD Systems are designed and built by a multidisciplinary, customer-focused team that fuses core IRD technology with integrated computing and communications technologies.
IRD is currently looking to add a Junior Software Developer to our team.
As part of a team of software developers, you will participate in the design of modules and applications as well as be responsible for the development and maintenance of software modules and applications with an emphasis on secure coding practices. The software modules will range from real-time applications to web-based applications running on the edge or in the cloud.
Our team is expanding to accommodate our growing workload and our complex projects.
- Participate in system-level and software designs
- Prepare documentation to support design reviews
- Create system software from existing base software packages based on approved software designs including appropriate scripts, make files, configuration files, etc.
- Investigate and propose alternatives for implementing new designs and improving processes
- Modify existing software modules, code new software modules, and participate in code reviews.
- Follow software development workflows
- Code management and build processes using tools such as GIT
Qualifications (education, experience, skillsets):
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
- 0-3 years of experience supporting web-based applications and development
Experience with the following:
- Microsoft Windows, Linux, or similar
- Web applications, web services, databases (Oracle or PostgreSQL), graphical user interfaces, real-time programming, object-oriented programming, control systems, data analysis, networks, mapping
- Eclipse, Visual Studio Code, IntelliJ
- Agile development is considered an asset
- Secure coding practices
- TCP/IP, UDP, SSL, sockets, and general networking architectures
- Authentication frameworks such as SAML, OpenID, OAuth
- Web applications, web servers, databases, and graphical user interfaces is an asset
- Inter-procedural and inter-networking techniques, tools, and protocols
- Knowledge of OWASP top 10 and CWE top 25
- Works well in a team environment
- Effective communicator (written and verbal)
- Ability to prioritize between project and support/maintenance requirements
- Agile learner