Technology teams in the UK work closely with our global businesses to help design and build digital services that allow our millions of customers around the world, to bank quickly, simply and securely. They also run and manage our IT infrastructure, data centres and core banking systems that power the world’s leading international bank.
Our multi-disciplined teams include: DevOps engineers, IT architects, front and back end developers, infrastructure specialists, cyber experts, as well as project and programme managers.
Finance on the Cloud team requires a number of skilled Junior DevOps Engineers who are able to work within several new pods being put together across the programme, delivering changes on existing platforms including the Finance Cloud Data Platform (FCDP), the Finance Cloud RWA Platform and the Finance Cloud Liquidity Platform.
FCDP is a platform that is used in order to source data from a variety of on-premise and Cloud based platforms and conform to a standard output that can then be consumed by multiple downstream consumers.
The RWA and Liquidity platforms use the data from FCDP to produce internal and regulatory calculations and reports.
The selected candidate will be required to work closely with the business stakeholders in order to understand requirements and then translate those into a series of systems solutions.
This role will carry out some or all of the following activities:
- Work with the owners of the business requirements in order to better understand what is required and how an IT solution could be used in order to deliver these requirements
- Form part of an Agile team who works collaboratively with the requirement owners to iteratively build out and test the aforementioned requirements
- Assist in the design of solutions in ensure that they align to architectural principles
- Ensure that good practice is adhered to during build activity
- Undertake design, build and unit test activities
- Support user testing activities, implementation and live production
- Ability to work directly with business stakeholders in order to understand requirements
- Ability to translate business requirements into solution design
- Ability to work closely with business analysts as part of an Agile delivery
- Experience working in an Agile project and of Devops principles, including use of Jira and Jenkins.
- Ability to write BigQuery ETL based workflows that can be executed on a GCP (Google Cloud Platform) hosted platform.
- Experience of Big Query/Ansi SQL design, development and unit testing
- Experience with GCP products including Stackdriver, BQ, GCS, GCE and PubSub
- Experience working on large scale Finance based IT programmes, including experience of data and batch processing systems
To apply for this job please visit uk.indeed.com.