Software Integration Tester
MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.
What we can offer:
- Salary to £60,000 (DOE)
- Generous bonus structure
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking.
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working. In this role 4/5 days per week in the office is required due to the secure classification of the work requiring secure network access.
Software Integration Tester
Technology matters more at MBDA. Our ever-evolving team powers the business across Europe and brings the next generation of defence solutions to life. Together we experiment, innovate and create across the full product lifecycle. And, in a collaborative and close-knit culture, we support each other to search for better. Join us as a Software Integration Tester and take our technology and your career into new territories.
You will become part of an established and expanding team who play a vital role in assuring the integrity of weapon system software.
We are looking for capable, and adaptable software test & integration engineers who would thrive in an environment involving a high level of interaction with system engineers, software developers, and test environment developers, during the definition and development of the tests, and during the analysis of the test results.
Much of the task we conduct requires an investigative mind-set geared to ensuring the validity and integrity of our outputs, allied with a constant drive to improving our capability.
The technological environment in which we operate gives opportunities to work on updating our tools and methods whilst retaining existing strengths. We adopt a high degree of automation in an environment of continuous integration, developing and conducting our tests both on representative hardware, and in a virtual environment.
What we’re looking for from you:
- Experience in functional testing of software through automated scripting to drive the interfaces.
- A solid background in software engineering principles, and the role of verification in production of robust, quality software, ideally with some experience of strategic planning of requirement proving.
- Comfortable working with a team in a collaborative environment, communicating and contributing to design and implementation decisions, and supporting integration.
- A passion for accuracy and integrity, being able to innovate and think critically to solve complex problems.
- A willingness to develop software skillsets either through on the job or formal training.
- A disciplined mind-set with respect to the role of process in producing a valid output.
- Ideally some experience working in a continuous integration environment and familiarity with build-processes and tools such as Jenkins.
We’re a wonderful place to learn. You’ll be supported to hone your skills across the full development lifecycle – working with unique technologies to support some of the world’s most advanced defence systems.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.
To apply for this job please visit uk.indeed.com.