Ward Healthcare Assistant
Full Job Description
Healthcare Assistant | Edinburgh, Murrayfield | Full Time | Competitive Salary and Benefits Package
Spire Murrayfield has a great opportunity for an enthusiastic and hard-working individual to join our Surgical Ward as a Healthcare Assistant. The successful candidate will work alongside our Registered Nurses to provide pre and post-operative care for a variety of patients. In return we offer an excellent working environment where patient safety and high class care is at the heart of what we do, excellent development and training opportunities as well as a competitive salary and benefits package.
We know our colleagues have a life outside of work and are happy to be flexible with working patterns however all candidates must be flexible to work a mixture of days, nights and weekends (enhancements available). Please only apply if you can commit to this.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assisting the team on the surgical ward in the provision of exemplary patient care
- Contributing to the support and monitoring of patients
- Identifying and reporting any significant changes that might affect the patient’s health and well-being to the appropriate person
- Assisting with the movement of patients in line with hospital policies
- Liaising with other departments and healthcare professionals on a day to day basis
Who we are looking for:
- Previous experience of working as an HCA (or equivalent) in a surgical ward environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in: ECGs, taking blood/blood pressures and patient observations
- NVQ Level 3 would be beneficial but is not essential
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform – discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group that has been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for over 40 years. We have 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland.
To apply for this job please visit uk.indeed.com.