Head of Facility Management
About the job
We are looking for a global Head of Facility Management to be a part of our Global Workplace Services (GWS) team. You will report to our Head of Workplace Experience & Support.
The GWS team makes Spotify an excellent place to work by providing spaces and services that bring our culture and values to life and keep band members safe. We cover all aspects and the full life cycle of our buildings and consist of GWS Performance & PMO, Real Estate, Workplace Build Projects, Workplace Experience & Support (Facility Management, Workplace IT, and Travel), and Business Protection.
In this role, you will lead our global Facility Management team. You will be responsible together with a team of six Regional Facility Managers, to build a great workplace experience by providing services and support according to the agreed scope, quality, and cost. In addition, you are responsible for actively working with Space Management to optimize the usage of our existing portfolio with support from your Space Management lead.
You will also secure Facility Management’s input and contribution to our Real Estate, Design, and Build Process, making sure our new sites, rebuilds, and extensions have the accurate prerequisites for a successful operation. In addition, you will own the development of our internal guidelines and standards.
You will work closely with band members in Real Estate, Workplace Build Projects, Workplace IT, GWS Performance & PMO, Business Protection, and FP&A. In addition, you will have many stakeholders, both internally and externally, including service providers, vendors, and landlords.
What you’ll do
- Participate in the development of our overall Workplace Experience and Support Strategy and contribute to its execution
- Maintain and develop our Facility Management Strategy and secure its execution
- Secure that we deliver services and support according to agreed levels in all our locations globally
- Secure that we have accurate maintenance and replacement plans for our business-critical assets
- Work actively to continuously improve the workplace experience together with your team by improving existing services and by adding temporary service offerings
- Secure that we optimize the usage of our spaces with support from your Space Management Lead
- Maintain and improve ways of working and processes for the function, making sure we continuously improve our performance
- Build a strong Facility Management team and secure succession
- Participate in the initial phases of our projects making sure our new sites, rebuilds and extensions have the accurate prerequisites for a successful operation
- Own the development of our internal guidelines and standards for Facility Management
- Work closely with our Global Sourcing team to make sure we have the most suitable external suppliers in place
- You will work out of our New York office
Who you are
- Have 8+ years of experience in Facility Management, Hospitality, and/or Office Management at a medium or large-sized international company in the private sector in a manager position
- Strong leadership skills
- Understanding of budget preparation, financial analysis, procurement, and project management
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Proficient in spoken and written English together with strong communication skills
- Accustomed to working in a high-paced international environment where change is the only constant
The benefits available for this position include health insurance, six month paid parental leave, 401(k) retirement plan, monthly meal allowance, 23 paid days off, 13 paid flexible holidays. These ranges may be modified in the future. Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones.
Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched.
Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.