Jump to: Hide
Associate Director, Social Media
The Brand Social team has two pillars that report into the Associate Director. The Campaign Team tackles some of our most exciting and high-profile work, from fan favorite moments like Wrapped to activations with partners like Netflix or FC Barcelona to getting the word out about new features, functions, and fun on the platform. The Engagement Team develops and maintains a strong and resonant narrative on our Global brand channels, keeping our followers entertained and engaged day in and day out. It’s no small task but we love to do it!
On a day-to-day basis, the Brand Social Associate Director owns the @Spotify social handles, determining the what, why, where, when, who, and how of the channels. They work closely with a variety of stakeholders, both internal and external, that sit across the globe and need to uplevel their audience reach and engagement by tapping into the power of our global handles. They ensure these disparate campaign strategies feel cohesive and position Spotify at the forefront of cultural conversations across social media platforms, generating measurable reach, strong engagement, and growth in share of voice. They are the unifying force for great social strategy on our main channels.
The Brand Social Associate Director also oversees the team responsible for all Brand Social activations, including tentpole moments like Wrapped, product launches, partnerships with other global brands, and other key marketing beats. The Brand Social team as a whole owns the social strategy and execution around these moments, collaborating with large cross functional teams in tandem with our agencies and partners. An inspiring, empathetic leader who will thrive in Spotify’s positive and collaborative culture is a must!
The ideal candidate has a keen understanding of the evolving social media landscape, with a strong passion for youth culture. This is an “in-the-weeds” role that can tackle the many intricacies that a top tier social media campaign demands. They are deeply knowledgeable about entertainment media – not only music, but film, television, gaming, creators, online content, and more. They are data-forward, able to distill insights, take action, and communicate results from complex datastreams. They are able to achieve consensus in a highly cross-functional environment, infusing campaigns with the best ideas from multiple partners while maintaining laser focus on social goals and KPIs. They are a leader, able to motivate and empower their own team as well as foster a positive, collaborative working space alongside their stakeholders. They are able to spot opportunities, navigate away from pitfalls, and expand campaign moments for the mutual benefit of the Spotify brand, our partners, creators, and fans. They are also an executor, able to take a campaign from a rough idea to a robust social media campaign complete with briefs to agencies, strategy decks for stakeholders, and post calendars that bring it all to life. They are a lover of culture around the world and excited to travel to events like festivals, premiers, and product launches that they will cover for the team.
What you’ll do
- Oversee, inspire, and uplift the Brand Social team, maintaining a positive environment that fosters the best talent and ideas while providing critical feedback, direction, and insight that helps move both people and projects to their peak potential.
- Editorialize and unite social workstreams coming into the @Spotify social channels, creating a best-in-class set of social channels while still hitting business critical goals on the micro to macro levels.
- Develop and direct social media campaigns around major brand moments, from initial conception all the way to posting and reporting.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders such as the Brand & Creative teams, the Paid Social team, the Partnerships team, and the Product Marketing team to develop social media campaigns for multiple priority projects.
- Partner with external stakeholders such as global brands, music artists, podcast creators, and executives to extend their activations into the Spotify social ecosystem in a way that surprises and delights our consumers and fans.
- Develop and distribute a variety of documentation from social briefs, strategy decks, and engagement calendars across industry-standard tools such as Google Docs, Sprinklr, and Airtable.
- Leverage human, cultural, and audience insights to develop impactful social campaign concepts to be implemented by your team or supporting agencies.
- Oversee all work streams between internal and external stakeholders to ensure that all creative output remains of equal value to brand and partner.
- Manage work streams between in-house creative teams, external agencies, and Global Social teams to deliver impactful creative and strategy.
- Travel and attend events to oversee and execute planned on-the-ground social activations.
Who you are
- Extensive experience working in social media with global brands, artists, or creators
- Mentorship-minded with a history of inspiring a group of talents, supporting their growth, and ensuring a strong team collaboration both within the team and across stakeholders
- Excellent communicator who is able to organize disparate conversations and multiple needs into a measured, impactful strategy
- Able to distill complex cultural moments and trending conversations into actionable strategies and qualitative learnings
- As comfortable on the red carpet capturing a moment for TikTok as you are at home directing a crew to capture remotely
- Excellent at stakeholder management, both with large internal teams and external talent
- Collaborative mindset and ability to work with stakeholders and agency partners across a variety of marketing disciplines
- A strong strategic sensibility and ability to translate social plans to collaborators from a variety of backgrounds and skill sets
- Willing and excited to travel for work as needed, be it to a music festival, a product launch, or a pop-up experience
Our global benefits
Extensive learning opportunities, through our dedicated team, GreenHouse.
Flexible share incentives letting you choose how you share in our success.
Global parental leave, six months off – fully paid – for all new parents.
All The Feels, our employee assistance program and self-care hub.
Flexible public holidays, swap days off according to your values and beliefs.
Learn about life at Spotify
The United States base range for this position is $150,539-$215,056 plus equity. The benefits available for this position include health insurance, six month paid parental leave, 401(k) retirement plan, monthly meal allowance, 23 paid days off, 13 paid flexible holidays. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.