FedEx Jobs Montreal
|Hiring Organization||FedEx Ship Centre|
|Post Name||Sr. Service Engineer / Service Engineer|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in engineering or another related quantitative discipline.|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 35 To CAD 36 Per Hour|
|Location||Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3B 3Y1|
So, let’s get started telling you why you might be the perfect fit for our team. If you are a positive, high-energy person with experience in Industrial Engineering, we have a great job for you! We’re looking for a Bilingual (English & French) Sr. Service Engineer or Service Engineer (Industrial Engineer) and we promise it’s a really fun role! You will get to:
This role will evaluate and implement, through interface with field management, manpower, and systems projects designed to reduce operating expenses, increase revenues and improve customer service.
- Consults with management in such vital areas as field operations and facility planning including ramp operations. Provides input for the budget process at the station and district levels.
- Prepares, analyzes, and monitors long-range plans for each station, line haul system, ramps, and district in conjunction with appropriate levels of management. Provides analysis and recommendations regarding expansion, new products, procedures, vehicle equipment, and manpower needs. Evaluates and coordinates implementation of new and existing products.
- Provides technical training to field personnel through workshops, seminars, and one-on-one sessions in such areas as operations, manning, MIS, contingency planning, productivity, cost-effectiveness, and manpower scheduling.
- Monitors analyze, recommends, and assists in implementing ways to improve productivity, service, and cost performance in all areas of station operations in conjunction with field management.
- Serves on special corporate study teams established to investigate and/or implement projects relating to productivity and performance as needed.
- Establishes and maintains a communication link between the field and corporate departments, and assists in providing technical expertise relating to facility requests, including lease terminations, new location, five-year planning, equipment justification, layout, vehicle planning, and cost justification.
- Participates in studies designed to implement sound, innovative service engineering concepts into field operations and thus, produce benefits for FedEx and customers.
- Provides and analyzes management information systems to aid in the control and development of district, region and corporate goals. Leads the development of information and technology-based tools to improve productivity and service.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in engineering or another related quantitative discipline.
- Professional Engineering designation preferred.
- 2- 4 engineering (industrial engineering) related experiences.
- Knowledge of FedEx operation procedures and practices as an asset
- Knowledge of Lean principles and 6 sigmas preferred
- Knowledge of Project Management principles preferred
- Ability to influence others and achieve common goals.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build strong relationships.
- Ability to solve problems and think analytically.Organizational, project, and time management skills
This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
The incumbent of this position is expected to perform all other duties as assigned, must be able to complete and achieve minimum thresholds on any mandatory testing and training, must be able to operate in a PC windows environment, and have the ability to successfully complete all recurrence training and maintain annual accreditations where applicable and work varying shifts based on business needs.
If the incumbent resides in the province of Quebec, you must be bilingual (French and English). In addition to the usual factors used in the selection process, all candidates for positions that require driving as a core competency require a valid driver’s license (e.g. Class 5, G, or 1[AZ]) and a driving record with two or fewer violations and/or accidents in the 24 months prior to the date of application.
Further, candidates will be assessed through careful consideration of 1) their current driver’s abstract; 2) their performance during application interviews; and 3) their performance on any driver competency assessments administered