St Andrew's Healthcare
Full Job Description
- Our Medium Secure Division is offering the exciting opportunity to support and rehabilitate adults across a spectrum of specialist mental disorders
- To join St Andrew’s Healthcare as a Healthcare Assistant you do not need previous healthcare experience!
- We will give you all the training you need to be successful
- Full-time hours only, Days and Nights shifts: 37.5
- Salary: £20,535 per annum, Plus shift enhancements
- Location: Northampton
We have a number of great opportunities for Healthcare Assistants with a good understanding of forensic services.
You will be part of our wider nursing and clinical teams focusing on our patient’s treatment and recovery. We do this by providing safe, effective, patient-centered care in line with national standards set by the Quality Network for Forensic Mental Health Services, essential standards from the CQC, and best practice guidance relevant to secure care from the National Institute of Health and Social Care Excellence (NICE).
Our overall purpose is to promote well-being, give hope and enable recovery. Our aim is to help patients recover so they can be treated in lower levels of security and eventually the community.
Applications are welcomed from well-motivated individuals who are able to demonstrate high standards of care and empathy, and who possess good communication skills alongside good IT literacy.
Highly Trusted Work-From-Home Jobs:
- Data Entry Work From Home Jobs
- Get Paid To Take Photos
- Work From Home Jobs - Multiple Fields
- Writeappreviews.com - Get Paid To Review Apps On Your Phone
- Paid Online Writing Jobs - Get Paid To Do Simple Writing Jobs Online
- Get Paid To Use Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
Recommended Interview Questions to Crack Any Interview:
At St Andrew’s you can enjoy a special sense of pride and belonging – by helping transform the lives of patients while shaping the future you want for yourself. We’re the UK’s leading mental healthcare charity with an excellent and well-deserved reputation as a provider of specialist mental healthcare.
The Men’s Medium Secure Wards pride themselves on having a robust patient-centered approach that affords boundaries. Our commitment to holistic care, safety, recovery and innovative therapies and treatment makes St Andrew’s the perfect place to establish your career. Join us and you’ll be part of a team with a shared focus on people not profits, with all surpluses re-invested to benefit our patients.
To be a Healthcare Assistant in mental health care, you’ll need to be:
- Caring and kind
- Cheerful and friendly
- Willing to do personal care tasks (washing, toileting, etc.) in some areas
You’ll also need:
- Communication and listening skills
- Organizational skills
- Observational skills
Our patients and your colleagues will expect you to live the St Andrew’s CARE values of Compassion, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence every single day.
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
- Sickness policy on par with the NHS
- Access to the Blue Light Card and Health Service Discounts schemes
- 35 days annual leave (including bank holidays), increasing to 41 after 10 years of service
- Life cover
- Our new St Andrew’s Electric Car Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Healthcare cash plan
- Free Parking
- Paid DBS application
- Access to free vocational qualifications and the opportunity to become a qualified Nurse or Nursing Associate.
- On-site facilities such as gym and swimming pool access and cafés all set within beautiful grounds.
To apply for this job please visit uk.indeed.com.