Learning Support Assistant
Star International School Mirdif is a bespoke British Curriculum School situated in the Mirdif Community of Dubai offering EYFS, Primary and Secondary Education. We are looking to appoint a Learning Support Assistant for Primary who has the enthusiasm, commitment, and energy needed to work in a rapidly growing and improving school. The role is for an immediate start.
To support teachers in promoting the development and learning of all children within the class.
To assist teachers in providing a learning environment that enables children to access the curriculum and learn to the best of their ability.
- Supervise and provide particular support for pupils, including those with special educational needs, ensuring their safety and access to learning activities.
- Establish constructive relationships with children and interact with them according to individual needs.
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all children.
- Encourage children to interact with others and engage in activities led by the teacher.
- Set challenging and demanding expectations and promote self-esteem and independence.
- Provide feedback to children in relation to progress and achievement under guidance of the teacher.
- Create and maintain a purposeful, orderly and supportive environment, in accordance with lesson plans and assist with the display of children’s work.
- Use strategies, in liaison with the teacher, to support children to achieve learning goals.
- Monitor children’s responses to learning activities and accurately record achievement and progress as directed by the teacher.
- Provide detailed and regular feedback to teachers on children’s achievement, progress, problems etc.
- Promote good standards of behaviour, dealing promptly with conflict and incidents in line with established policy and encourage children to take responsibility for their own behaviour.
- Establish constructive relationships with parents.
- Undertake structured and agreed learning activities or teaching programmes, adjusting activities according to children’s responses.
- Support the use of ICT in learning activities and develop children’s competence and independence.
- Prepare, maintain and use equipment and resources required to meet the lesson plans and relevant learning activity and assist children in their use.
Supporting the school:
- To support the aims, values and policies of the school, and participate in a team approach to all aspects of school life.
- Assist with the supervision of pupils out of lesson times, including before and after school and at lunchtime.
- To attend and contribute to regular staff meetings and in service training, and identify areas of personal practice and experience to develop, and share expertise to promote the development of colleagues.
- To take appropriate responsibility for safeguarding and children’s welfare, and to be aware of confidential issues linked to home / child / teacher / school and keep confidences appropriately.
The above duties are not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to undertake additional tasks, roles and responsibilities as may be reasonably requested of them by the Principal. This may involve working outside regular contractual hours.
This job description will be reviewed regularly and may be modified by the Principal, after consultation with the post holder, to reflect or anticipate changes in the job, commensurate with the salary and job title.
The International Schools Partnership
Star International School, Mirdif is part of The International Schools Partnership (ISP).
The International Schools Partnership (ISP) is a growing group of committed colleagues in financially responsible schools around the world, all of which aim to be the school of choice in their local area. Learning is at the heart of everything we do for our pupils, colleagues and parents. We are committed to getting better, all the time.
ISP was founded by an experienced team of committed educationalists and commercial operators who have worked together over many years. Our growing group of private schools located in the UK, the USA, Europe, Costa Rica, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Malaysia, Mexico and Peru educate children and pupils from 2-18 years of age. We have now expanded to 45 schools delivering multiple curricula and building on local brands and reputations with around 45,000 pupils and 7,000 staff located across the globe.
We believe that successful schools are the ones that put learning at the heart of everything they do, always aiming to create rounded individuals that are able to forge successful careers and lives in a rapidly changing world. Our goal is to enable our schools as the leading school of choice in their local area. We are a truly international group working in different cultures and speaking different languages. We work across countries and cultures, too, by working with each other and with other schools and communities. At ISP we continue to engage with schools around the world who are interested in becoming part of our global group of schools and look forward to welcoming more pupils and staff to the group.
All our schools:
- Help children and pupils learn to levels that amaze them.
- Inspire children and pupils to be successful now and equip them to be successful later.
- Are truly international, working in partnerships within and across regions, cultures and languages.
- Aim to be the schools of choice for children, pupils and their families, wherever we are.
ISP and Star International School,Mirdif is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering the previous 10 years’ employment history.
How To Apply:
- A single-page letter of application outlining your suitability for the role addressed to the Principal, Mr Neal Oates.
- A 2-page CV with updated photo and contact details for two referees
The school reserves the right to make an early appointment should an excellent candidate be found. Hence early applications are most welcome.
To apply for this job please visit ae.indeed.com.