Sony Music Entertainment
Intern, Operations and Royalties
Category: Digital Operations and Copyright & Royalties
Work Location: Liberty Village, Toronto
Job Type & Duration: Part-time Internship, 4 Months
Compensation: Paid Internship
At least 3 days a week, 9AM to 5PM, up to 24 hours a week
Sony Music Canada carries on the Canadian operations of Sony Music Entertainment, a global recorded music company with a roster that includes both Canadian and international artists, as well as a vast catalogue that comprises some of the most important recordings in history.
We are looking for an exceptional intern to join the team on a short-term basis.
As an Operations and Copyright & Royalties intern, you will have the opportunity to observe and assist in the day-to-day activities of the teams, including, but not limited to:
- Conducting regular audio/video archiving for product artwork and inventory.
- Inventory analysis of catalogue for reduction opportunities.
- Reviewing original release date for catalogue tracks to ensure that they are correct.
- Assisting in the planning and execution of events for various projects.
- Support updates of product metadata per label requests.
- Assist in SAP migration project through data entry correction.
- Other ad-hoc duties as per department needs.
- Enrolled in a post-secondary or training program with a focus on entertainment, marketing, finance, business or engineering.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and technology savvy.
- Creative, with a passion for music.
- Detail oriented.
- Professional attitude with exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter, team player.
- Strong desire to learn and develop skills.
- Knowledge of the Canadian music landscape including record labels and independent artists.
A modern, diverse and innovative work environment. As well as an investment in your learning & development.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Sony Music Entertainment Canada, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Sony Music Entertainment Canada, Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
To apply for this job please visit ca.linkedin.com.