See Sight Tours
Driving Tour Guide
This position is perfect for:
- Students looking for a fun summer position
- Anyone fresh out of school looking to gain experience in tourism
- Anyone looking for a job where:
- You are never stuck inside an office
- Have freedom to work independently
- Interact with people from all over the world
- Full time and part time positions available
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays
- Work hours are flexible and vary between 8am and 11pm
- Fast paced, exciting and entertaining environment
- Detailed communication with other employees is an asset
- $15.50/hour plus gratuities (Gratuities can range anywhere from $20-$200+/day)
- Must be comfortable driving a minivan while talking (position will require a full licence and clean driving record)
See Sight Tours provides guests with private and semi-private small group tours of Montreal. Employees are to create an exciting and enjoyable experience for customers, by removing the stress of travel and taking care of all of the tickets, line-ups and also engaging in relevant conversations with regards to the sights.
Being an award-winning company, customer service is our #1 priority. We require all employees to be caring, helpful, and enjoy dealing with people on a daily basis.
Our tour guides must be able to lead multiple groups of visitors through points of historical, cultural or regional interests. They will be able to provide in-depth knowledge about destinations frequented by tourists, and vacationers from all around the world. Tour guides must be able to retain historical facts, dates and anecdotes, and then relay that information to visitors in an entertaining, and informative way. Guides should be able to drive while presenting commentary, as well as coordinate pre-arranged tour activities such as visits to local attractions, restaurants and shops through Montreal.
Our tour guides will be trained on-the-job.
Duties and responsibilities of employees include but are not limited to:
- Prepare vehicle prior to tour: Clean inside and out, fill gas tank, circle check
- Check morning pick-ups and prepare best route
- Complete pick-ups and contact dispatch to notify of problems and successful pick ups
- Introduce yourself and each visitor in a professional and friendly manner and create a relaxed environment for guests to enjoy
- Narrate while driving between destinations, informing guests of all the sights and information about the area.
- Take care of all ticket purchases and walk guests to and from vehicle/attractions
- Make sure guests are aware of meeting point and time following attraction
- Drop off guests at required hotels/ agreed drop off location. Perform inside vehicle check to ensure no items have been forgotten
- Return back to the office and complete the final document: type of tour, time, number of guests etc.
- Some college or university education
- Must have valid and clean driver’s licence abstract
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Ability to organize oneself and others
- Honest, responsible and reliable
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to think on your feet and problem solve
- Handle stress without appearing to be bothered
- Previous knowledge of Niagara Falls is a bonus but not required
- Multiple languages are also beneficial
- Working cell phone
- Teamwork skills
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.50-$17.00 per hour
- Dental care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- Every Weekend
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Montréal, QC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.