Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
Data Analyst – Coder – Decision Support – Regular Full-time (230136)
Full Job Description
We currently have a Regular Full-time opportunity for a Data Analyst – Coder in the Decision Support department at Bayview campus.
Hours of Work:
Weekdays: Days; 8hrs; As per schedule
Summary of Duties
The Data Analyst is responsible for the appropriate analysis, coding and abstracting of Inpatient discharges from the patient records into the Med2020 WinRecs information system. The position also ensures that information is submitted to the Canadian Institute for Health Information (CIHI) in a timely manner, according to guidelines set by CIHI/MOHLTC and the hospital. Specific tasks include:
- Assigns ICD-10-CA/CCI codes related to Acute Care Discharges (DAD)
- Applies ICD10-CA/CCI coding methodologies resulting in proper grouping outcomes
- Abstracting information according to standards from MOHLTC/CIHI (DAD, NACRS), and hospital abstracting guidelines
- Ensures that all visits to be coded are done and balance at the end of each month Document productivity in accordance with departmental protocols
- Perform regular audits on coded/abstracted data to ensure quality of coded data and adherence to coding standards
- Other related duties as assigned
- Graduate from a recognized Health Information Management/Professional program.
- Current active CHIMA member in good standing and maintained on an annual basis.
- Certification with the Canadian Health Information Management Associate (CHIMA).
- 2 year previous experience in inpatient DAD coding
- An in-depth knowledge and understanding of CMG’s, HIG’s, ACW’s, Case Mix Index (CMI) and expected length of stay
- Demonstrated coding competency in Inpatient and Emergency patient records.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and exercise tact and discretion
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Proficient in Windows-based applications environment and keyboard speed of 40 wpm
- Demonstrated ability to function in a changing and sometimes stressful work environment
- Must be willing to travel between Sunnybrook campuses as required
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is strongly committed to inclusion and diversity within its community and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: visible minorities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Sunnybrook, all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); AND have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days ago. Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon the Hospital’s obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.