Sunrise Senior Living
“It makes me feel good knowing that we make the residents’ lives better. We laugh with them, cry with them, sing and dance with them – we brighten their day. Working here is an unbelievable privilege and it will be something I carry with me for the rest of my life!”
- Sunrise Team Member
At Sunrise, our Care Manager is responsible for providing the highest degree of quality care and services to a consistent group of residents and their families in our assisted living and reminiscence neighborhoods.
- Build meaningful relationships with a specified number of seniors and their families as you provide assistance with activities of daily living, attend to individual care needs and get to know their unique preferences and personalities – Notify management of changes in condition and recommend adjustments in the level of care and service – Assist residents in life skills and other life enriching activities as indicated on their individual profile – Blends a variety of multi-sensory experiences into the resident’s day
- Participates in the development of Individualized Service Plans (ISP) and monthly updates
- Responsible for their designated group of residents during the shift knows where their residents are and physically checks on them throughout the shift.
- Partners with community team to ensure the community is in compliance with OSHA requirements and promotion of Risk Management programs and policies; adherence to safety rules and regulations.
- Responds to the dining needs of the residents and guests while maintaining Sunrise hospitality and service standards
- Invite, Encourage, and Assist (IEA) residents in life skills and other life-enriching activities as indicated on ISP and demographic profile
- Committed to serving our residents and guests through our Principles of Services
- Dedication to and passion to serve seniors with excellent customer service skills
- A positive attitude, the flexibility to perform various duties in service to the residents, and the ability to work in a team environment are keys to success
- High School diploma/GED accepted and may be required per state regulations
- In states where appropriate, must maintain certifications
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Previous experience working with seniors preferred
- Ability to make choices, and decisions and act in the resident’s best interest
- Possess written and verbal skills for effective communication and a level of understanding
- Competent in organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrate good judgment, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
To apply for this job please visit uscareers-sunriseseniorliving.icims.com.