Sunshine Village Ski & Snowboard Resort
Hotel Night Desk Agent
Why join us?
Known as one of the most stunning alpine settings in the Canadian Rockies, and ranked the #1 day hike in Canada by Lonely Planet, Sunshine Meadows offers visitors unparalleled views. As spring turns into summer the meadows are in full bloom and ablaze with colourful wildflowers, setting off jaw-dropping views of surrounding peaks, including Mt. Assiniboine, “the Matterhorn of the Canadian Rockies”.
What’s in it for you?
- A ridiculously cool life experience
- A plethora of lively staff events all season long
- A chance to enjoy the alpine vistas
- A summer experience that is outstanding!
- And best of all, you can live on the top of the mountain with on-hill accommodation available as needed!
This position works closely with both the Hotel Bell desk & Hotel Front desk to ensure service excellence. They work during the evening fulfilling 3 Night Bellman & 2 Night Audit shifts per week.
The Hotel Night Bellman provides an outstanding guest experience by creating a warm, welcoming, and professional environment. They assist guests with their queries and provide recommendations to maximize their stay. They are responsible for the safe and efficient handling and delivering of guests, their luggage and equipment, utilizing company vehicles to transport up- and-down the mountain to our beautiful resort. The Hotel Night Bellman is also responsible for ensuring the same service is delivered consistently at all times of day. They ensure the accuracy of all guest charges while ensuring guest’s needs and expectations are met to the set standards of the hotel.
Essential Functions: Night Bellman:
- Provide excellent guest service during all tasks.
- Coordinate with the Front Desk to ensure smooth transfer of guests and delivery of luggage/other items to and from hotel rooms.
- Store and retrieve guest luggage.
- Efficiently answer guest inquiries regarding the area and hotel services and facilities
- Maintain public areas of the hotel including the storage areas
- Participate in the operation of hotel guest activities as needed
- Passion for providing excellent guest service
- Must be comfortable and competent driving with additional passengers
- Experience in either accounting or a hotel setting preferred
- Previous payment handling experience
- Positive attitude, excellent communication, organizational, and time management skills
- Strong computer knowledge – Microsoft Excel and Word
- Ability to problem solve independently and efficiently
- Ability to complete manual labor, heavy lifting, and standing for long periods of time
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; reliable, a team player and able to use own initiative;
- Able to complete training and testing for on-hill tracked vehicle license
- Provide clean driver’s abstract and license prior to commencement of duties (Abstract cannot be any older than 30 days from start of employment); Must be able to complete training and testing for on-hill tracked vehicle and snowmobile licenses
Can’t wait to get started? Great, because we can’t wait to hear from you! Talk to your supervisor, HR team or the supervisor of this role to learn more about how you can join the team!
Sunshine Village is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value diversity within our workplace.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.