Full Job Description
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company, and one of America’s leading retailers.
Target as a tech and data company? Absolutely! We’re the behind-the-scenes powerhouse that fuels Target’s passion and commitment to cutting-edge innovation. We anchor every facet of one of the world’s best-loved retailers with a strong technology framework that relies on the latest tools and technologies—and the brightest people—to deliver incredible value to guests online and in stores.
About the role:
Target’s Digital and Marketing Data Sciences organization develops cutting-edge solutions for Target’s media platform that generate engaging experiences for guests and exceptional returns for advertisers. We improve the performance of campaigns and elevate guest experiences via optimal pricing, placement, and delivery of digital ads across all media platforms. In this role as Data Scientist, you will have access to the best tech stack in retail along with working with a set of passionate co-workers committed to creating next-gen Marketing capabilities.
You can expect to be involved in:
- Coding and development of next-generation optimization models that leverage Target’s first-party data to maximize the performance of products and services offered by Target Media platforms.
- Learning about the complex world of digital ad – tech and supporting Target’s advertising business by bringing state of art ad relevancy to life
- Creating large and automated data pipelines and documenting methods and outputs
- Exploring different approaches to solving a problem, testing the solutions, and reporting the results
- Implementing large-scale and automated models and creating a dashboard to capture relevant metrics and determine errors
What we are looking for:
- Bachelors/Masters equivalent in any Quantitative discipline (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) with 1+ years of relevant model development experience
- Data wrangling and pipelining skills using HiveQL, Python, Spark
- Strong programming skills in Python/ Scala/ Java
- Ability to write modular code and data pipelines which can be automated and scaled
- Understanding of foundational mathematics and statistical concepts
- Ability to work with a team(s) to drive the work in a collaborative environment
- Experience in Digital Marketing space preferred but not mandatory
Why work with us at Target?
- You will work directly on challenging problems and see the impact of your solutions on Target’s business and Guest experiences.
- We strongly believe in and encourage continuous learning (50 days of learning with access to a variety of learning platforms!)
- We love open source! Many of our team members contribute to open-source communities and get to do it during work time. We try to contribute back to our communities where we can and are grateful to be able to open-source some of our projects!
- The Retail Media Advertising industry is growing fast and poised to grow further
To apply for this job please visit jobs.target.com.