Tax Data Entry Specialist
At Fingercheck, we are passionate about removing stress from a small business owner’s life. Through our intuitive, cloud-based human capital management platform, we offer a simple-to-use suite of tools to help business owners manage all things people: Time & Attendance, Payroll, Same-Day Pay, and Talent Management.
The Data Entry Specialist will provide general data entry support across Tax and implementation. As a Data Entry Specialist, you’ll primarily assist with implementing new accounts for payroll. You will have a unique opportunity to learn processes from various departments, thus allowing for tremendous growth opportunities. Aside from the primary duty of data entry, the Data Entry Specialist will also perform other general office tasks such as opening mail and scanning notices for clients.
- Gather source documents
- Upload/scrape data and ensure accuracy
- Enter client and account data from source documents into our proprietary software, including but not limited to YTD information
- Add clients to tax software and applicable state agencies
- Review data for deficiencies or errors and highlight any discrepancies
- Enter and verify new account setups.
- Prepare and submit POAs to IRS and state taxing authorities.
- Work with our tax partner to complete and submit client refund requests.
- Update files as needed in the software database.
- Open and scan mail.
- Upload notices to the Salesforce queue
- Assists in the preparation of reports and presentations for the Tax Department.
- Take notes
- Works on and supports other projects related to the Tax Department as required.
- Prepare ACA spreadsheets
- Assist with updating Client records in Tax software as needed
- Assist with the ACA reporting process
- Assist with entering data for amendments and other tax-related projects such as 1095s
- Reach out to clients primarily via email to receive missing information or other important tax-related communications
- Inform relevant teams about any errors encountered
- Comply with data integrity and security policies
- Complete special projects as assigned by the supervisor
- Manage Salesforce cases promptly, meeting Service Level Agreement timelines.
- Participate in regular team meetings and training for further skills development as required
- Typing a minimum of 40 words per minute
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented mindset
- Time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Paid Time Off
- Health Benefits
- 401k Plan
- Health Savings Account
- Hybrid – 3 to 4 days in office per week
COMPANY CONFORMANCE STATEMENT
In performance of their respective responsibilities, all employees of Fingercheck are expected to:
- Complete quality work within deadlines.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers, and suppliers.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Communicate and coordinate work efforts with other employees, customers and suppliers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Attend work regularly based on the assigned schedule.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 – $22.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.