- Full Time
- Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates
Number of Vacancies: 1
- Early Childhood
- Licensed Teacher
- Education Required: Bachelor
- Minimum Teaching Experience: 2 years of teaching experience
- Required Certificates:Teaching Credential/License
Job Benefits:To be discussed after the interview.
Job Description:Job Overview:
- We are seeking a music teacher with a minimum of 2 years experience in teaching and a Bachelor’s degree in Music Education.
- To plan, organize, and implement an appropriate instructional program in a learning environment that guides and encourages students to develop and fulfill their academic potential.
- Line manager is HOD for academic issues and supervisor then HOS for pastoral issues.
- Supporting and liaising closely with Subject team, Supervisor & HOSs to:
Pastoral & Academic Responsibilities:
- Teaching & learning; implementing approved curriculum & assessment to support progress & attainment of all your students (including Teachers’ Planners, lesson plans, curriculum planning documents, SOW, using & creating resources, differentiation, etc.).
- Students’ discipline, pastoral care, and academic development. Liaise with HOD/TL (academic issues), Supervisor & HOS (pastoral issues, Code of Conduct, Incident Slips, ‘On Report’ & Induction), parents (responding to messages from parents within 24 hours), and PRE as necessary.
- After-School Program ASP; at least one ASP Stay-back per week.
- Student Agendas; regular checking, use, and follow-up of parents’ communication.
- Reports; provide as per SAIS assessment policy, attend PCM & other parents’ meetings punctually & with records & comments prepared.
- Safety; students & staff.
- Subject & Section assemblies, activities & events; take an active role in house system organizing & supporting (they should relate to the curriculum/School beliefs).
- Organizing classroom learning resources and creating board displays to encourage a positive learning environment.
- Providing Feedback and marking work to facilitate positive student development
- Meeting requirements for the assessment and recording of students’ development
- Providing feedback to parents on students’ progress at parents’ meetings.
- Follow, support & help to develop all SAIS aims, Vision, improvement plans, policies, and practices.
- Plan & organize educational visits by school & ADEK guidelines.
- Professional duties as reasonably delegated by line manager & SLT (e.g. Break duties, exam invigilation, detention, and other cover, after-school duty, ASP, exam marking, ADEK formalities, Accreditation and inspection preparation, etc.)
- Committees & meetings; attend as reasonably delegated by HOD/SLT.
- Resource and training;
- Attend PD/INSET & support Coaching relating to personal/school targets.
- Meet deadlines as requested by the line manager & SLT.
- Promote effective teamwork within Subject, Section & across the whole school
- Promote SAIS positively with the community while maintaining complete confidentiality.
- Respect local culture, customs, and laws.
- Promote & model SAIS beliefs & Values.
To apply for this job please visit ae.indeed.com.