Abbotsford School District
Teacher – Elementary
|Hiring Organization||Abbotsford School District|
|Post Name||Teacher – Elementary|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 20 To CAD 25 Per Month|
|Location||Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada V2T 4M7|
Mt. Lehman Elementary has a school focus on Science, Agriculture, and Technology (SAT). You will see evidence of this focus in our greenhouse and garden plots, nature play areas, mobile computer laptops, iPads, interactive smart TVs and document cameras, and playground artwork.
Outdoor learning is embedded with indigenous education along with the agricultural influences of the community and is a significant part of Mt. Lehman Elementary and the surrounding community. We are seeking a teacher with a musical background to teach choir during teachers’ preparation time.
The applicant list is monitored daily and will close immediately following the appointment of a successful applicant. The vacancy is also open on Make-A-Future. Current employees must apply for this job using the AMS Job Posting Portal.
Education & Experience:
- Teacher training with a major practicum in elementary
- Successful teaching experience at Primary and Intermediate levels
- Experience in and/or teaching music or choir at the elementary level
- Eligible for B.C. Certification
- Satisfactory teacher evaluation and/or final practicum reports
Abbotsford School District teachers consistently demonstrate skills essential for student learning. Our Teaching Proficiencies serve as the foundation for our hiring competencies and growth plans.
- Communication & Interpersonal Skills: Ability to consider and respond appropriately to the needs, feelings, and capabilities of others in a tactful, compassionate and respectful manner.
- Organization & Planning: Ability to plan and organize for effective instruction, differentiation, and assessment.
- Classroom Management: Create and maintain an optimal learning environment for each student while managing student behavior and classroom dynamics.
- Facilitation & Engagement: Ability to capture and maintain students’ interest, effort, participation, and enthusiasm for both the content and the process of learning.
- Assessment & Coaching: Utilize balanced assessment and feedback to improve student learning including the use of formative and summative assessment strategies.
- Collaboration & Teamwork: Collaborate with others to achieve group goals and objectives.
- Caring & Inclusiveness: Create and maintain an environment that is caring, inclusive, and supportive of all students.
- Flexibility & Adaptability: Demonstrate flexibility in our ability to adjust and adapt to changing circumstances
To apply for this job please visit hr.abbyschools.ca.