As we continue to expand and evolve, we are now on the lookout for exceptional individuals to join our friendly group of like-minded professionals who share a passion for teaching English. We have an exciting opportunity for an English teacher to be based in the beautiful and multicultural setting of Malta, with significant experience working in English Language schools.
As an English teacher, you are responsible for engaging students in the learning processes to ensure learner outcomes are maximised and the students have interesting, enjoyable lessons. English courses may include (but are not limited to) General English, IELTS and Cambridge exam preparation, Business, Finance and EAP/ESP. EFL teachers may be asked to teach on any one of our courses depending on experience and qualifications. You may also be responsible for occasionally helping develop materials and documents, testing students and planning and/or leading social programme activities and CPD sessions.
ROLE and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- All aspects of planning, delivering, and assessing student work, appropriate to the course and to the type of students, ensuring that all learning outcomes are met.
- Keeping an accurate record of student attendance and other administrative duties as agreed with your line-manager.
- Develop, update, and improve course materials as appropriate.
- Use a variety of learning and teaching methods/materials
- Weekly and monthly testing of students plus progress meetings/tutorials with students at the 4 week point of their course.
- Attend meetings as required, to contribute to the decision-making process and to develop productive working relationships within the various teams you will be engaged with.
- Teachers are expected to be on site no later than 15 minutes before the start of their first lesson.
- Teachers will have regular meetings with the Director of Studies to set objectives and measure progress towards those objectives.
- A full induction will be provided to all new teachers, and regular training will be offered.
- All teachers are expected to attend monthly CPD sessions, and DELTA qualified teachers will be asked to run development or training sessions as required
- Take on other responsibilities as required to support the work of EP and GBS.
Safeguarding and Welfare Responsibilities:
- Responsible for promoting safeguarding within their venue and working with others to ensure a safe and inclusive environment is achieved
- Help provide emotional and pastoral care for all students and promote their mental and physical wellbeing at all times.
- Effectively manage classroom management and student behaviour (with the support of the academic management team).
- Be aware of prevent duty which aims to safeguard vulnerable individuals from being drawn into terrorism and report any concerns to the Prevent lead and or safeguarding lead.
- Make yourself aware of EPs safeguarding policy, attendance policy, safer recruitment policy and any other policies relating to welfare and safeguarding of students to ensure a clear and correct process is always followed to ensure children are safe and protected.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Must be TEFL qualified, CELTA / CertTesol desirable
- Must reside in Malta
- English A’ level grade C or above or TELT or Degree in English
- ELT teaching permit from Malta ELT Council
- Enthusiastic and organised
- Highly responsible, approachable, and friendly
- Ability to create a positive learning environment
- Familiarity with classroom technology
- A positive and professional approach
- The ability to work with others and listen
- The desire to develop and always improve
- A can-do attitude!
The teacher will also be expected to demonstrate their commitment:
- to EP/GBS values and regulations, including equal opportunities policy.
- the EP/GBS’s Social, Economic and Environmental responsibilities and minimise environmental impact in the performance of the role and actively contribute to the delivery of EP/GBS’s Environmental Policy.
- to their Health and Safety responsibilities to ensure their contribution to a safe and secure working environment for staff, students, and other visitors to the campus.
To apply for this job please visit mt.linkedin.com.